View Single Post
Old 2009-09-12, 4:57pm
DSDWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Actually if main pressure vessel comes up to maximum pressure and its going to be hours or maybe days before you put "drain" on storage tank, it makes sense for oxycons to shut down.... Saves some of the precious "time"/purity for later date........

With proper design of control circuit anything is possible, You just have to decide what is going to be master controller, and in this case it would seem that pressure switch on tank is it... Everything else can a "slave" of that. Be it off/on electrically or open/close solenoid valving.....

Dale
Actually Dale we are discussing the cycling of the unit throughout the work day. Generators put out a lower purity when first turned on and need a few minutes to come up to highest purity. By allowing the generator to stay on all the time this would become a non issue.

MY 80/100 pressure switch has a shut off on it. I turn it off if I am not going to be on the torch for a few days. If I am working the next day I just leave it on. My system is pretty tight but it will cycle once over night. I really need to get everything sealed up good but would rather be on the torch.
My 29 takes a little over 20 minute or so to fill up.

The other day I did a 2 inch boro marble and had almost 2 hours in it. Looked at my tank pressure after I was finished and it was at 40 psi. Still a ways from 25psi where I have the reg set and I would start to notice some drop off. So I feel pretty confident in saying I get 2 hours 100% on either my Phantom or Barracuda with this system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.