View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 2:49pm
RAH!

It is maddening! I finally get the opportunity to do this all 'properly', yet i'm not allowed!

I have spoken to the gas-safe certification people, utterly useless, as i am not gas-safe certified all they can tell me is the phone numbers of people who are (ie all the plumbers I've called). They won't tell me anything technical.

In theory I can keep a propane tank inside, but it voids my hosue insurance, and doesn't seem a very good idea. Regulations don't stop me doin it- but they do make my insurance useless if i do.

I have spoken to GTT (they phoned me all the way to the UK! Awesome people!). They recommended a hose and a permanent hose-clip (ie one i couldn't just unscrew)- tthat plumbers are telling me I can't have. Other people in the UK have it set up this way- but my (now 12) gas-safe certified plumbers all reckkong they can't do it (have they warned each other about me?)

They won't just run a line and cap it- they have to actually hook it up to the appliance (apparently). Have no idea how this would work in a kitchen re-fit or something where the appliance wasn't ready to go in yet.. so i might phone up and try this angle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Now with stock! And useful photography!)