View Single Post
Old 2013-02-27, 11:20am
RAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
Two alternative routes...

See what the folks say at the welding supply shops. In some cases welding torches are run off of natural gas. And some jewelry repair firms use a natural gas compressor as part of their torch setup. Can not imagine that a hand held torch would have to be connected to rigid copper tube!! One would think that there is a solution. Just that the plumbers have no experience in your needed area.
The rules for non-dwellings are vastly different, as far as the gas engineers have told me then if you're on commercial premises and people don't live there- you have a lot more leeway and can use as many push-on hoses as you like, the rules are only really stringent because i want my studio setting up inside my house.

In the mean time, when the house renovation is finished (as if that will be anytime soon!), I shall look into renting a garage or something somewhere and running there off propane.

Other people in the UK do run their torches on natural gas, and setup within their homes- they just obviously found brave plumbers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Now with stock! And useful photography!)