View Single Post
Old 2016-05-05, 10:18am

Snoopdog, Phill, thank you guys for your support. No, I did not give up. I just got $300 estimate from another gas certified plumber. He never saw or heard of glass torch but he did understand what I need. He will extend NG pipe with TSSA pipe to bring it with the shutoff valve near my table. It will come through the floor from the basement. From there I can use my red hose to connect to the torch. Alpha is a surface mix, but I still try to get a firecheck from Carlisle to add to the setup. I will post the picture when it's done next week.
In Canada, too, the owner can do the work but for some work need a permit/inspection. It's just the gas work I prefer professional to do. We did electrical, structural and water plumbing while renovating and found that the inspectors are the most helpful to deal with. The previous contractor guy wanted to attach the torch as an appliance so nothing would ever move or tip over. He just wanted to see CSA stick on the torch and connect it with rigid pipe instead of hose. One his suggestion I would follow though - to secure the table to the floor so it does not move.