Thread: Kiln issues
View Single Post
Old 2016-01-17, 1:53am

Default Kiln issues

Having problems with the my kiln...an evenheat kingpin
it willl heat up to about 400 and crap out... Error 1 on me....I turn it back on...and it makes to to 500 and error 1's out on me...reset again...and will got to about 600 and error out......Oh we made to garge temps Ya! no...drop and error.......... see the issue? I am cracking works/ people paid orders that Needs to go OUT over here!....

And this isnt like a once in a while issue...it's like driving me nuts for weeks now.

looked up the manual
this is what I am told.....
Err1
–Error 1 indicates the temperature in the
oven is rising slower than 15°F/hr during an up ramp. If this rate continues for 8 minutes, the firing will be stopped.
Err1
may be an indication that elements are worn or defective or that a relay has stopped working"

AND IDK what the hell that means. manual offers no how to know if it's the elements vs relay ...or how to fix replace either. Kiln isnt that old like 4 years now and yes been used ..least every day....but craps surely these last longer then that.

Suggestions here?? Helps. like Serious helps Im trying to purchase a house here and Major biz purchases are NOT an option atm NOR is a major drop in income cause the Bloody kiln wont get up to temp to strike and anneal so I can make orders.... I dont think the bank would understand that. (bit stressed please ideas!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by untamedrose; 2016-01-17 at 2:02am.