View Single Post
Old 2017-06-26, 2:46am

I often make beads of other people's designs, I do this to learn and understand their method, I never sell them, I keep them for myself.
I remember once seeing a bead very similar to one I had designed and I had this awful gut wrenching feeling that I cannot describe. Someone had taken something that was mine, from my head and my creation and they were claiming it as their own. The feeling I had was quite shocking. I did not realise I would feel so upset.

So anyone thinking of stealing other people's designs, when it happens to you, if you ever come up with anything original, then you will understand how awful it makes you feel inside.

Truth is you will never come up with anything original if you copy other people and therefore you are wasting your time.

It is totally shameful to steal original ideas. I get why you do it, its because you have no original ideas of your own, but it is still shameful and you know it.

Sorry if this seems a bit strong, but it made me feel so awful so I sympathise totally.

"Every time you act on your imagination a thought gives birth, this is creation" (Richard Wilkins)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy shop:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.