View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 9:41am
addicted to dichro

The regulator works perfectly. I really wish I had thought of it before. It says Sherwood Streamline 700 series.

The regulator needs to be installed under a hood where it can't get rained on.

There is no such thing as "tank pressure". Tank pressure varies greatly.

I will ask Dad exactly what the PSI range on it is, and what he thinks its set on. I didn't adjust it, he did and I haven't touched it since. A service tech my Dad works with who deals with regulators all the time basically guessed what pressure the torch ran on and ordered the regulator for me.

Deb, for me to work at all the hothead has to be turned down very low to keep the soot out of the clear, and from burning and bubbling the colors. I also make a lot of encased florals and the dots have the be melted in perfectly even, somthing you can't do with a hot flame. In the summer, it will fluctuate so that when I have the torch adjusted where it needs to be set, it will be so low that the torch goes out and then seconds later way, way, way too hot of a flame to work with. Incredibly frustrating. The regulator has so far fixed this.

Sorry I don't know more about this myself, if you have more question I will get Dad to answer them. I will find out exactly what the PSI range is and what its set on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.