View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 6:07am
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Default Mandy -

thanks a million for all the information, & for checking the details with your Dad. I'm at least going to give this a try (assuming I can get the right kind of regulator here!).

Your beads are wonderful - I just hope that one day I can make something half that beautiful!

I've been hesitant to even ignite my torch lately, figuring it must just be 'me' (always aware that "only a poor workman blames her tools").

Down here in NZ it seems that there is no-one to ask face to face - as very few people actually do lampwork, & it seems those that do are nowhere near my city & don't use a HH. Most people I've approached in the gas/welding industry haven't even heard of lampwork!

Getting a hose that fitted the HH & would to attach to my bulk fuel tank was an interesting experience (our threads on the cylinders are different). I knew that if I got one from the US it wouldn't fit at the cylinder end & I'd then have to track down some sort of adaptor, I also knew that a lot of gas appliances do still come here from the USA. I did some reasearch then I visited or rang every place in town & after a lot of blank looks, finally managed to get a hose with the right connection on both ends (at the last place I visited - lol). The guys there have become my heros, there is nothing they won't do & are more than willing to try things out & are happy to let me go away & test the results.....so here's hoping!

Thanks again
Deb ~ feeling slightly more positive now