View Single Post
Old 2008-08-21, 2:58pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Thanks Emiko! I appreciate your help, that is a very smart solution to the problem.

Steve, yes it really WAS fun. I needed a challenge and this certainly fit the bill. When I got this stump sucker, 1.5" sounded a lot smaller. LOL I might just have to get a smaller one to start with and then work my way up after I have a bit more oxygen power.

Mary Beth, absolutely the butane little torch definitely works. I tried it last night. I didn't make a paperweight, I just worked on building the little set up pieces, practice really. I used the minor dialed down as narrow as I could get it to build the flowers, then put them down into the stump sucker and tried to see if I could preheat them with the butane torch. Worked swell.

Also, I just used a hole cutting drill bit drill a hole in a chunk of 2x4, bolted the 2x4 onto my bench, and now I can just set that butane torch down into the hole. Worked just fine. Although, I do have say, the magnet idea probably looks a whole lot better and doesn't take up as much room. I would have done that instead if I had read it first.

~~Mary
I'd love to see your results after you get past the sooty glass stage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.