View Single Post
Old 2009-06-08, 6:19am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsllamas View Post
1st let me say beautiful work Chayes! Envious of your talent. I am a potter by trade and I am talented in that, but bead making doesn't come easy and I am dyslexic to boot.
I apologize for not searching for the other post, after reading some of it, well lets say I hope this post doesn't go down that road. Now I have to decide what to do. I have a list out for one of the suppliers listed on this site, but now wondering if maybe I should try this glass. Maybe I should compare how much I would save and maybe be able to purchase more. Has anyone purchased the silver cores?
It's $1.99 per 1/4lb. At that price, I would say yeah, you should try it. If you don't like it, at least you haven't spent goo-gobs of cash. As far as rod size goes, that really doesn't determine the size of your beads. I've made tiny little beads with 12mm rods and I use full size rods for dots and stringer. (I never plan anything ahead, so I rarely have stringer ready.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.