View Single Post
Old 2009-06-08, 9:19am
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadMaven View Post
Somehow I had missed your post in the other thread and saw it tonight. I really want some of that trans yellow! And the red too! Thanks for posting that pic of all those colors! Now you are making me want the citrine too. lol Is it bright too or deeper in color?
It's a really rich yellow. I hate to say it but DH said it looked like a healthy urine sample. ROFL, he's actually right (we've both done lab work, so we talk that way, sorry!). It's not one of the "electric" yellows like Moretti, and it's not striking, it just is what it is. I haven't had a problem with devit with it, either. (Some of the transparents are a bit twitchy, like the forest green.)

Jim, you're right...I'm not great at stringer work, but this glass makes it much easier to control.

It definitely has its quirks. The rods that are kind of concave on one side can be interesting when making a base bead. I'm used to rotating the rod as I melt it, but with these I've learned to rock them back & forth to avoid trapping air.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.