Thread: Smoke Bomb Test
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 5:54am

Heyas Dale, still alive and kicking friend ... those are great illustrations cadia ... I'm going to go for the first picture as that's how I build all my hoods ... I do wish I would have made mine wider, more towards the torch .... it works but could work so much better .... my thinking is when you create a good air tight hood it creates a vacuum from all corners of the hood .... when the "plume" is created from sticking something into the flame I would think since the hood is so much closer to the edge of the torch then the other two pictures you would get a better "vent" action from it? I'm by no means an expert but I have built 5 studios in 4 years and have done so much research building it better each time ... thnx to the forums and others sharing what they've learned. Does anyone remember which magazine had the "plume" pictures? It was either Flow or GlassLine ... the pictures were great in showing really what happens to all those fumes when you disrupt that very directional flame.