View Single Post
Old 2018-09-03, 7:08am

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
I used to fill my propane at a gas supply house here, but they tried to cheat me - charge me for a full fill on a half full tank. I took in two empties and a half full. So -- I now go to my local Ace hardware. 2 blocks from the house, propane on sale once a month, already half price of the gas supply, fabulous customer service attitude, fills my half full tank for free, free popcorn. All upside. The only thing I don't do is the exchange thing. I bought my own tanks, and keep them protected from the weather.
My dad has 2 propane tanks he is going to give me. However he said the last time he got them filled that the tops would need to be changed (not sure what that means) because they were an old style?

Dad is older and getting photos of the items right in front of him is like pulling teeth.

Both are 40lb tanks and if I fill them at a local shop that would be preferable as it would be more convenient.

As far as oxygen goes, is there a "easier" option than going to the local supplier? I have heard woes from other artists at the local shop that they do everything from overcharge if you are labeled "an artist" to flat out telling you they do commercial only. I guess it depends on who you talk to?

I can only imagine they get a lot of clueless people coming to buy something that them and 2 friends can't lift into the back of their Honda Fit lol.