View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 11:01pm
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

on my system, I am planning on running 2 10 lpm medical oxycons and have the holding tank bleed off to a hose at 100 psi. I'll route the bleedoff hose back to the oxycon intakes, which should slightly increase the purity above the oxycon's normal range. I don't like the system design where a pressure switch shuts both the compressor and oxycons off at a set psi (i.e. 100 psi) because the oxycons produce their best purity when they're constantly running...intermittant on/offs on the oxycon will probably lower the purity. So rather than a pressure switch, I'll just use a pressure relief valve so that the compresor and oxycons constantly run.

On your fittings, hit up ebay, there are tons of fittings for low psi applications.

personally, I am digging my high pressure system...just a couple of K tanks, some oxycons, a couple of high pressure medical compressors, and high pressure fittings. It is the same high pressure as everyone else that runs off tanks...no big deal and minimal safety issues if common sense is used.

So when you get up and running, post a series of photos and narratives of the system as you put it together, and a breakdown of the costs. That would be a good benchmark for folks to assess the costs and features of the off-the-shelf systems, if and when they are finally available.

Based on what Ro posted, the new Rix microboost is much improved, but that $5k+ cost is still a definite deal breaker.