View Single Post
Old 2008-02-27, 11:19am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I've been working boro with Didies or ACE for about 8 years... no change in eye health. I know several boro workers that have been doing it for over 30 years... again, no change in eye health. Before you use a word like "shame" to describe people with a different opinion, take some real life readings and show what the IR exposure really is for a boro worker.
I've done the same thing, and I know many people that use only didymiums and swear that they are all you need. However, I don't think that anyone can make the argument that more protection is a bad thing. For that reason, I use the most protection I can find. I have not done any research and I don't claim to know all about the hazards associated with working glass, but I'm of the "better safe than sorry" mindset. If some protection is good, more has to be better.

I guess I should add, though, that most of what I do is larger pieces using a large flame. I also do a lot of fuming...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.