Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-03-03, 6:05am

Default oxygen concentrator info please

What kind of oxygen concentrator do I need for a minor torch, where do I get it and how much will it cost? Thanks Pam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Etsy Store -

My Blog -

I am a member of the Etsy Glass Artists Street Team

Old 2007-03-03, 6:15am
phrit phreak

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I got mine from here and I got one for my dd here. I was very happy w/ the customer service I recieved from them. I have a bobcat which is similar to a minor. They'll hook you up right. They are also here on LEtc.

Lori

Old 2007-03-03, 8:02am
Booyarashaka

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- A great company that will answer any and all questions. Give her a shot before making your choice! She is also a member here on Le. Good Luck

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2007-03-03, 2:18pm
Knob Creek Glass

I got my Tornado from
. I love it. Works really great with my minicc.
Old 2007-03-05, 5:57am

I am having a sale on a Devilbiss MC 44-90 if you want to call or PM if interested. Only while supplies last though!

Old 2007-04-03, 2:58pm

Default Warning for Oxy Con purchasers!

What ever you do - do not buy an oxy con from ABR Imagery. The machines themselves from Unlimited Oxygen are fine but ABR Imagery just sent me an M15 that arrived with a huge crack in it. (see pic) When I called the company, they refused to discuss the 3 year manufacturer warranty and hung up on me. At this point I'm working directly with the manufacturer but I'm out the cost it will take to return the M15 to ABR and I'll probably get charged a 25% restocking fee for my trouble. I should have read their return policy before doing business with them. Please learn from my mistake - I don't want anyone else getting burned from this company.
Attached Images

Old 2007-04-03, 3:16pm
Booyarashaka

OUCH. Not good. I wouldn't let up, they can't do that to you!

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2007-04-03, 7:23pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

If you paid with a credit card, I would dispute the charge.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-09, 1:21pm
Hooked on Glass

Default O2 concentrator

I would contact Jon at LB Supplys. He is now selling them and he really has the best customer service out their.
Old 2007-04-13, 4:19pm

Jay At hobbiesforus.com has a airsep with 7 Psi with a 2 year warranty for $199 plus shipping. His office # is 586-795-9120
Old 2007-04-13, 6:41pm
It's about time!

OxygenPlusMedical .... Hands down ... incredible customer service and great concentrators! Sonje
Old 2007-04-24, 3:11am
a pox upon an idiot :..

Quote:

- A great company that will answer any and all questions. Give her a shot before making your choice! She is also a member here on Le. Good Luck
I agree, Kim has a conscious and sells great concentrators.

She isn't someone who will disappear if you need help and will lie about what you are getting. And she is very knowledgeable and can be reached if a problem comes up.

Edie

Old 2007-04-24, 6:05am

Thats messed up that he hung up on you!!!!
2 words come to mind here. CHARGE BACK.

Call your credit card Co. and do a charge back and don't delay.

If you just decided to change you mind and just din't want it and wanted to send it in because of buyers remorse. That would be one thing. But it arrived broke and they don't want to do any thing about it thats just dirty and rotten. I have heard all kinds of things about ABR but this is up there.
Old 2007-04-24, 7:19am
Safety ALWAYS

Quote:
What ever you do - do not buy an oxy con from ABR Imagery. The machines themselves from Unlimited Oxygen are fine but ABR Imagery just sent me an M15 that arrived with a huge crack in it. (see pic) When I called the company, they refused to discuss the 3 year manufacturer warranty and hung up on me. At this point I'm working directly with the manufacturer but I'm out the cost it will take to return the M15 to ABR and I'll probably get charged a 25% restocking fee for my trouble. I should have read their return policy before doing business with them. Please learn from my mistake - I don't want anyone else getting burned from this company.
I'm sorry, but I find this very difficult to believe. I've know Ross Thackery, owner of ABR for years and this is not the way he does business. Have you discussed this directly with him or just with the people he employs?

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2007-05-05, 9:26am

Default Oxygen Concentrator Info

I have to agree with Susan. I am dealing directly with the manufacturer even tho he is not a glass worker. I would definitely think twice about ever using them again for anything. This is going to cost me more money due to shipping not to mention the frustration. Thanks goodness I have kept my big ol green tank.
Gloria
Old 2007-05-05, 2:01pm

Just a helpful hint: Check your invoices!
Old 2007-05-06, 7:34pm

Default Oxygen concentrator

If by checking invoice you mean the return policy, I understand the 48 hr rule. All I need is some help setting it up so I can melt glass. I don't know that there is anything wrong except the way I have it plugged in, but I would like to know. I spent too much money-for me amyway-to just have something to sit and stare at.
Gloria
Old 2007-05-06, 8:30pm

Gloria,
Nooooo! I mean the last time I ordered from them (ABR IMAGERY), I checked my invoice and the shipping was only supposed to be $7.00 and it was $26.00 for around 4 pounds of glass. On previous orders, I didn't check the invoices and hopefully that didn't happen.
I ordered something small right away to get the money back but had to pay 7 more dollars for shipping! I just don't like the way you have to trust them to do your invoice right later. Does anyone else that sells glass do it this way?
When I order anything, I want to see the total cost at checkout from now on.
Carol
Old 2007-05-06, 10:33pm

Quote:
Jay At hobbiesforus.com has a airsep with 7 Psi with a 2 year warranty for $199 plus shipping. His office # is 586-795-9120
When I was looking for a concentrator before buying from Justin I looked into this company and there ebay feedback was not so great. You can still see it at Toolhaus.com

I was ripped off by another ebay seller and found this site so I check all sellers now. If this is what is business was on ebay then who is to say it is differant now. Just my opinion. There are many people on here that have had great customer service and great product from them. Just wanted you to be fully informed so you can make your own choose

Old 2007-05-09, 6:34pm

OxygenMan IS Jay from HobbiesforUs.

Old 2007-05-14, 3:26pm

Hello!

Help me please!

I can't choose oxygen concentrator. I don't understand, how many a minimum there should be a pressure (psi), that I could work with Minor Torch?

Where I live (in Russia), selling oxygen concentrarors only for medical purposes. I have got confused
)
Old 2007-05-19, 7:33am

Well, seeing nobody has answered, I will try.
I have a mini cc carlisle torch which is similar to a minor torch. I do believe it would need 5 LPM and 10 psi for a minor.
Carol
Old 2007-05-19, 8:02am
PyronamixK

Nortel says that the Minor prefers 7-8 psi for oxygen.
Old 2007-05-19, 4:11pm
Burn baby, burn

Default oxycon

Zdravstvuite!

Someone already answered the psi question, but for concentrators, here if it's for non-medical purposes you can purchase them at a significant discount from the medical price. I found a local company that maintains/supplies oxygen and concentrators, and they were happy to sell me an oxygen concentrator very cheaply once I assured him it was not for medical purposes. He did have me sign a form that he kept. I ended up paying $80 for it!

Good luck!

Lisa
Quote:
Hello!

Help me please!

I can't choose oxygen concentrator. I don't understand, how many a minimum there should be a pressure (psi), that I could work with Minor Torch?

Where I live (in Russia), selling oxygen concentrarors only for medical purposes. I have got confused
)
Old 2007-05-19, 9:20pm

MsBeadhaven, kbinkster, Annette Martrildonno: Thanks, now I am assured, that to me will be enough 7-10 psi for mine Minor Torch.

Lisa: Our sellers will not sell it more cheaply even if I shall prove to them, that the concentrator is necessary to me not for medicine
. But, spasibo for advice!

To All: I have found at myself in city the medical concentrator with suitable psi pressure of oxygen upon an output, it makes 5 LPM, but its price almost 2500 dollars (Mark 5 Nuvo,
). It is the truth, what at your 02 concentrators cost 300-1000 $?

Last edited by confetti; 2007-05-19 at 9:34pm.
Old 2007-05-20, 9:51am
PyronamixK

I sell reconditioned 5 LPM oxygen concentrators for $375 USD. New ones cost quite a bit more and used ones that have not been reconditioned can cost less.