Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-01-31, 8:06pm
Master Procrastinator

I'm off to find it. I'm not too great with uploading photos, but will do my best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-01-31, 8:08pm
Master Procrastinator

OK, here's the finished necklace. I hope it comes out.

Old 2008-01-31, 8:09pm
Master Procrastinator

It was a huge honker of a thing, definitely too big for me, but people seemed to like it.

Old 2008-01-31, 8:11pm
Master Procrastinator

I also have a scanned copy of the article. If anyone wants to read it, just e-mail me lajewelrydesigns@aol.com & I'll send it to you. I don't think I can post it here.

Old 2008-02-01, 11:17am
Flame Dame

I love Lea's idea (and her name!). I'd love to see the bracelet or jewelry piece auctioned off and the money donated to a good cause. If the group decided to go this route we could have a theme for the beads...hearts for heart disease or ribbons for cancer awareness. Just my thoughts....

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-02-01, 11:26am

The " Chain Gang" Was my idea! Do I win? Do I win?? LOL
Old 2008-02-01, 11:28am

Val,
Please count me in on this next round. This has been a blast to play - now I just have to get a strong enough Oxycon to really do something with my boro!
Info is the same as for the previous boxes.
Thanks!

Old 2008-02-01, 2:00pm
Serenity Now!

Gotchya down, Carol! Great necklace - I love how it all ties in with the theme...Well, I've thought about it, and decided that although it is a wonderful concept and all, it's just a whole 'nother thing, and I don't want to mix it up with our Boro-Box game. If anybody wants to take the idea and run with it, open up a new thread, I'd be happy to participate!

That being said, the Art Clay Silver is still up for grabs! Let's hear some more ideas ~ and sign-ups are still open!...

That being said, and in the meantime waiting for some ideas to come in, and our Round IV to arrive at our last Player and get wrapped up , how 'bout...

1) Val - Fire

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-02-01, 2:03pm

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
Old 2008-02-01, 2:10pm
Wacky but Wonderful

I wanna play, emailed you!

-

Old 2008-02-01, 2:15pm
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

I would love to join in! I be a boro apprentice.

Last edited by Elegance_1; 2008-02-01 at 2:37pm.
Old 2008-02-01, 2:18pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post

1) Val - Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
Can you guys clue me in as to what this is all about? Help a newbie out, will ya???

Old 2008-02-01, 2:45pm
Serenity Now!

Sure, Lea! It's a silly little (kind of addictive) game that Sandy introduced us to in our last round..

First person starts off a word, next one changes one letter, and marks their word. And so on and so forth, until it (the word) transforms into what it started out to be...It's kinda mindless - although we have collectively gotten stuck before - basically, it's 'cause there;s a bunch of folks checking in on our thread, so it's fun to have little side-games going.

We've also in the past - and will be running again - little "side-games" for the best riddles, joke, etc, and I provide the prizes from my stash! Admittedly, since the prizes DO come from my stash, I often leave it up to my assistant Ted to do the final voting! Here he is, for all newcomers to see...ready for some flameworking action!

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site

Old 2008-02-01, 2:52pm

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
Old 2008-02-01, 3:00pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Sure, Lea! It's a silly little (kind of addictive) game that Sandy introduced us to in our last round..

First person starts off a word, next one changes one letter, and marks their word. And so on and so forth, until it (the word) transforms into what it started out to be...It's kinda mindless - although we have collectively gotten stuck before - basically, it's 'cause there;s a bunch of folks checking in on our thread, so it's fun to have little side-games going.

We've also in the past - and will be running again - little "side-games" for the best riddles, joke, etc, and I provide the prizes from my stash! Admittedly, since the prizes DO come from my stash, I often leave it up to my assistant Ted to do the final voting! Here he is, for all newcomers to see...ready for some flameworking action!

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
OK. I get it now. That's what I thought, just wasn't sure.

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
6) Lea - bike

Old 2008-02-01, 3:01pm
Master Procrastinator

Forgot to add that I adore your assistant. Not that I'm trying to butter him up or anything .

Old 2008-02-01, 3:04pm

I just went through my bag of games to play and found an interesting one. It's called "Trade in the shade". .. All you do is put a baggie in the box and put a gift in it that is wrapped so no one can see what it is. Each person that gets the box can "trade in the shade", meaning trade out the prevoius persons gift ( THAT'S WRAPPED) for a wrapped gifty they put in to replace it.. You CAN NOT open the gift to see what it is until you trade for it. Then it becomes theirs and they have to replace it with another wrapped gift. Can be anything from beads to charms, ribbons, tools, whatever they want as long as it fits in the bag and in the box. When the box comes back to Val, She gets the last gift traded out in return for the gift she put in the box. Name of the game is " TRADE IN THE SHADE"
Old 2008-02-01, 3:07pm

Also, I mentioned to Val, A crossword puzzle book that we can all work out together.
Old 2008-02-01, 3:57pm
Serenity Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
Forgot to add that I adore your assistant. Not that I'm trying to butter him up or anything .
Dear Lea: Although I've been told that you are yet another adoring admirer of mine, I've got to say that the only thing that'll butter me up is cookies and possibly a tummy tickle!
Respectfully yours, Ted E. Bear

Old 2008-02-01, 4:02pm

ROFL Val. That's cute!!
Old 2008-02-01, 4:03pm

Val, isn't he a schnauzer? I swear he looks just like my Mitch!
Old 2008-02-01, 4:05pm

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
6) Lea - bike
7) Sandy- Bake
8 ) Sandy - Base
Old 2008-02-01, 4:19pm
Serenity Now!

He;s a Yorkshire Terrier - a Toy version (so-called when they stay under 5 pounds). He's a true 4 pound bundle of love, and has got personality-plus!

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
6) Lea - bike
7) Sandy- Bake
8 ) Sandy - Base
9) Val - Bask

Old 2008-02-01, 4:30pm

Dang! He looks so much like Mitch in the face sept Mitch has longer hair.. You've seen him I think. Teds a trip. He looks like a bundle of BOUNCY fun!

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
6) Lea - bike
7) Sandy- Bake
8 ) Sandy - Base
9) Val - Bask
10) Sandy- Task
11) Sandy- Tusk
Old 2008-02-01, 4:31pm

I think this is one of those that won't make it back to the word "Fire" LOL
Old 2008-02-01, 4:40pm
Master Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcuniques View Post
I just went through my bag of games to play and found an interesting one. It's called "Trade in the shade". .. All you do is put a baggie in the box and put a gift in it that is wrapped so no one can see what it is. Each person that gets the box can "trade in the shade", meaning trade out the prevoius persons gift ( THAT'S WRAPPED) for a wrapped gifty they put in to replace it.. You CAN NOT open the gift to see what it is until you trade for it. Then it becomes theirs and they have to replace it with another wrapped gift. Can be anything from beads to charms, ribbons, tools, whatever they want as long as it fits in the bag and in the box. When the box comes back to Val, She gets the last gift traded out in return for the gift she put in the box. Name of the game is " TRADE IN THE SHADE"
I have question about this. Correct me if I'm wrong, & I often am.....I thought that Val starts out the box & then it just keeps getting passed around from player to player. If each person puts in a surprise gift with when they get their box to replace the one that's in there, there's really no trading going on, is there? You just basically get the gift the last person left for you. I'm not sure why it's a secret. Am I missing something?

1) Val - Fire
2) Sandy - Sire
3) Val - Site
4) Sandy - kite
5)Sandy- bite
6) Lea - bike
7) Sandy- Bake
8 ) Sandy - Base
9) Val - Bask
10) Sandy- Task
11) Sandy- Tusk
12) Lea - tush (is that allowed?)

Old 2008-02-01, 4:46pm

Yeah, you're missing it but I didn't explain it fully. I was gonna let Val explain it. She understands it. I explained the whole thing to her in PM. But in short. Val puts in two gifts wrapped up. Ones a Booby and ones a real gift. You only get to pick one and you can't open it til you have made your trade.
Old 2008-02-01, 4:58pm
Master Procrastinator

OIC. That makes more sense now.

Old 2008-02-01, 5:20pm

Old 2008-02-03, 10:55am

Hey! Where did everyone go???