Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-03-31, 5:14pm

Default April Show us yer bits (of glass)

Hiyas,
I've been very quiet lately (I can hear some people's relief:"thank god for that!"), with lots of things going on. So I thought I'd start off April's thread.
This new work came about with no more inspiration than some left-over random leopard murrine I had made for easter. I call these "African Kings" and the caramel one is 18" tall.
Hope you like them.
cheers
Chris
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2008-03-31, 6:17pm
Corgi Cult Member

Wow! Those are fantastic!!

Old 2008-03-31, 6:39pm
Trying to Hope!

*thud* omg those are sooo very pretty

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-03-31, 6:53pm
Bliss Junkie

yeah.. gotta agree with the "WOW" .... first thing came to mind when i scrolled down....

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-03-31, 6:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

dude.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-03-31, 9:00pm

WOW! That's what I want to be able to do when I grow up!!!

This is as far as I've gotten with sculpture so far, my first lizard.

I screwed up the eye murini because I 'precut' them, DOH. They don't line up right. Also, when I finished, I forgot to knock the final punty off... so it's still on a stick... LOL! But I was so excited I took pix anyway.

He's a chameleon, so his tail and legs are changing colors to match the marble. He's not perfect (the pointy back things aren't very pointy, but he's only 1" long, so it was hard to do pointy when they're only 2 mil tall dots). The photo blows him up a lot to see the details, but in person, you don't notice the problems cuz he's so tiny. One of those MUCH better in person things.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Last edited by Hels; 2008-03-31 at 9:05pm.
Old 2008-03-31, 9:39pm

wow Chris stunning pieces
Helen to cool, only wish i had the nerver to try a sculpture, some day, some way
Boro marble shy of 2" a present for my younger brother back east. will be leaving soon to see him and think he needs to just sit and reflect. he is a workaholic and I worry about him, so maybe he will realize space is the place.
Murf

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-03-31 at 10:29pm.
Old 2008-03-31, 9:50pm

Wow murf! I love that!!! Very 'spacey'!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-01, 2:23am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

thud.... I need an African King ( or more then just one... one is just so lonely)

Old 2008-04-01, 2:25am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Chris I just checked out your website, and I must say your jewelry is to die for!!!!!!

Old 2008-04-01, 7:36am

wow chris those are great love the design!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-04-01, 3:06pm
Pyromaniac

These are already in the borobox thread, but I don't think many people look there.

A Smiley style heart and some beads:

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-04-01, 3:24pm

Well,

Its about time I jumped into the water.......

Here's a boro doughnut on one of the lovely Mary McDuck's dragonfly bails. I just used a variety of odds and ends and some momka magic mirror. I should have encased more I think, but I was worried about the thickness to fit the bail.

Some green envy and green dragon wavy chevron beads.

Wow, these are nowhere near the standard set on here. What absolutely lovely beads and those marbles are mind-blowing!

Nat

Old 2008-04-01, 3:24pm

Wow Lana... LOVE your colors!!!

What did you use to get that lime green?? I haven't even seen that color in boro yet.. heck, all your colors are incredible. I can look at them all day.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-01, 3:28pm
Button Queen

Here's my latest.

Old 2008-04-01, 7:01pm

Lana, tell me that lime is one of the Trautman colors I just bought. Or tell me what it is, period! Pretty!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-04-02, 6:32am
Pyromaniac

Tracey,
Thank you so much! I think that lime color was a twistie combo of GA Light emerald, GA turquoise, and GA Spring Luster and the bead was encased in clear. I need to take better notes!

Old 2008-04-02, 7:05am
Does it come in Purple???

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
Hiyas,
I've been very quiet lately (I can hear some people's relief:"thank god for that!"), with lots of things going on. So I thought I'd start off April's thread.
This new work came about with no more inspiration than some left-over random leopard murrine I had made for easter. I call these "African Kings" and the caramel one is 18" tall.
Hope you like them.
cheers
Chris
Wow!!!!! Absolutely Stunning!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hels View Post
WOW! That's what I want to be able to do when I grow up!!!

This is as far as I've gotten with sculpture so far, my first lizard.

I screwed up the eye murini because I 'precut' them, DOH. They don't line up right. Also, when I finished, I forgot to knock the final punty off... so it's still on a stick... LOL! But I was so excited I took pix anyway.

He's a chameleon, so his tail and legs are changing colors to match the marble. He's not perfect (the pointy back things aren't very pointy, but he's only 1" long, so it was hard to do pointy when they're only 2 mil tall dots). The photo blows him up a lot to see the details, but in person, you don't notice the problems cuz he's so tiny. One of those MUCH better in person things.

Cool lizzard - keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
wow Chris stunning pieces
Helen to cool, only wish i had the nerver to try a sculpture, some day, some way
Boro marble shy of 2" a present for my younger brother back east. will be leaving soon to see him and think he needs to just sit and reflect. he is a workaholic and I worry about him, so maybe he will realize space is the place.
Murf

I think we all need to sit and reflect into one of those marbles - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
These are already in the borobox thread, but I don't think many people look there.

A Smiley style heart and some beads:

Great colors Lana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsprat View Post
Well,

Its about time I jumped into the water.......

Here's a boro doughnut on one of the lovely Mary McDuck's dragonfly bails. I just used a variety of odds and ends and some momka magic mirror. I should have encased more I think, but I was worried about the thickness to fit the bail.

Some green envy and green dragon wavy chevron beads.

Wow, these are nowhere near the standard set on here. What absolutely lovely beads and those marbles are mind-blowing!

Nat
Nice donut but I love the blues and greens of the beads
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclogan View Post
Here's my latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkgoglass View Post
Tracey,
Thank you so much! I think that lime color was a twistie combo of GA Light emerald, GA turquoise, and GA Spring Luster and the bead was encased in clear. I need to take better notes!
Notes???? I keep paper and pencil on hand but never write anything down I have no clue what I am mixing up at the time.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-04-02, 7:08am

I don't come back here very often but I thought I would pop these up since I had a little time to torch.

~~

Bloodletting, mayhem and massacre first thing in the morning is the best way to start the day
Old 2008-04-02, 7:13am
Pyromaniac

Yum Jodie! Did you use the petal puller?

Old 2008-04-02, 7:20am

No - don't own one just use a 3mm of clear to pull out the petals afters snipping with scissors.

~~

Old 2008-04-03, 1:55pm

Great start Chris. beautiful everyone.

Scott

ESTY
Old 2008-04-03, 3:03pm
Master Procrastinator

Jodie, I love your flowers and Scott, that implosion pendant is TDF!

Old 2008-04-03, 6:03pm

Jodie, love that teeny frog on the 2nd one, I need to try some flowers too... and I don't have a petal pusher, so will see how that goes.

Beautiful pendant Scott!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-04, 7:31am
Gay rights R human rights

I showed this pendant last night in the regular gallery so it might be a do over for some people. I am toying with the idea of doing some silver overlay work on it....

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-04-04, 7:40am

Lovely florals with the frog, Jodie!! And Scott, great pendant. It looks like you used Momka's multirod for the center... great idea....

And Chris.. wow. You are so artistic. Beautiful pieces....

Old 2008-04-04, 12:36pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Dragon eyed Spirit Gurardians

Here's a couple of my newest Spirit Guardians, with a new style of eye. I posted all the info in a thread in the gallery last night. They are made entirely with Momka's colors and clear. "Pendragon" and "Apalala Water Dragon"

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2008-04-04, 9:39pm
Dead man walking

Love the green ivy Don, you really made it pop!
Old 2008-04-04, 9:56pm

Wowsers... the colors on those spirit pendants are breathtaking! Are they large frit on clear or dots of the rods?? Just beautiful!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-04-06, 10:52am

A lot of goodies! Love to see what everyone is doing in boro!!!

Trying to get down the butterfly implosions. Here's my humble attempt.