Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-03-24, 10:51am
Lampworkaholic!

Default Is there a tutorial on making an ebay template

Preferably an "ebay templates for dummies" sort of thing. I looked at my beads on a different monitor and was shocked by how dark they looked. I prefer not to use a paid service like Auctiva, as the ebay and paypal fees are enough already. Just something simple that I can design, copy and paste and have decent photos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-03-28, 9:22pm
one day at a time

I would like to know too!
Old 2010-03-28, 10:09pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I was just thinking about try Ebay again today as well. It has been so many years and I don't know where to start.

Is a template necessary? I cannot remember how you upload your pics either. Maybe the process has changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-28, 10:23pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Elizabeth - I had a look at your two older listings, and the listing/text itself is perfectly fine.

From what I could see, it's just the photos that need improving. And TBH a template doesn't change anything at your pictures. I wouldn't bother getting into templates or Auctive if it is in fact the pictures that are the problem. Try to improve the pictures, get them into the right format (square) so they're not stretching in a funny way and please post more of them, not just 2. I found that it's pretty crucial to offer close-ups of my beads.

If you have a look at some of the highest selling Ebay sellers ... many of them don't use a template. They upload lots of pictures with the usual Ebay uploader (were you uploaded your two pictures) and write a text just as you did.

Just my 2 cents

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-03-29, 1:37am
She's Back & Burnin'

There are lots of free ones out there.

robshelp.com is my favorite. I use his free freeform generator and my isp photo pages to host the pics.

Sara

Old 2010-03-29, 12:52pm
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteburner View Post
There are lots of free ones out there.

robshelp.com is my favorite. I use his free freeform generator and my isp photo pages to host the pics.

Sara
Me too. I've used his storage and Freeform for years and years...he's such a nice guy, too.