Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2007-07-09, 2:44am

Default 96 Coe, best place to buy, which?

I am looking for just a few lbs of 96coe (black, white, clear) to use with
with my frits. Which brand do I want that would work best with all of the
frits? Which vendor would have the best price?
Many thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-09, 3:29am
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble newbie View Post
I am looking for just a few lbs of 96coe (black, white, clear) to use with
with my frits. Which brand do I want that would work best with all of the
frits? Which vendor would have the best price?
Many thanks in advance!
I get mine from Olympic Color Rod in Seattle. I use the Reichenbach. They do not have a good black or white. You might want to go with Spectrum 96 for the basic colors. Reichenbach has good reactive colors and other colors.

http://www.glasscolor.com/lampworking/default.aspx

But you really don't need to use a 96 glass with frits. As long as you are only using a little frit you can use the other colors. Most of the frits are Reichenbach and Kugler. OCR says you can use 20% on top of Morretti.

Both Reichenbach and Spectrum 96 make lots of opal colors. Kugler is the other company that makes 96 glass.

Whatever you buy, make sure it's "cane" and not "rod". Rods are the big huge inch round things for glass blowing.
Old 2007-07-09, 9:07am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I buy mine locally at Pacific Art Glass.
I stick with the 96 COE because I LOVE to
use them frits, and I don't want to have to
worry about cracking or incompatabilities.

There's a few people online here that carry
Uroboros too...I'm sure they'll be popping in any second....

Oh, Gail at www.GGGLASS.com has some great gaffer 96.
So does boobiebeads...Michelle at Caliente http://calienteglass.com/catalog.php?category=2

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Karen Hardy; 2007-07-09 at 9:09am.
Old 2007-07-09, 9:17am
da General

I get my Uroboros from Arrow Springs and C&R Loo.

http://www.arrowsprings.com/html/uroboros_rods.html
http://www.crloo.com/

Reichenbach and Spectrum 96 from Olympic Color

Caliente from Michelle

Kugler from Hot Glass Color
www.hotglasscolor.com

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-07-09, 9:23am
I'm a lilac!

Breezy has the U96 by the rod, too; http://www.bridgetownglass.com

(you knew I had to pimp it, didn't you? )

Old 2007-07-09, 10:09am

I buy mine from http://www.howacoglass.com

Candy

Old 2007-07-09, 5:26pm

Thanks for the responses. Looks like some good places to check out. I currently use moritti with my frit and have not had incompatability cracks,yet.
I'm concerned because I pretty much cover the whole bead with it and fear I am pushing my luck. I also want to start encasing. If I have a 104 base, covered in 93-96 frit can I encase with a 96 clear and not worry about the base glass? I've had cracks when I put 104 on top of the 96 frit. Thanks in advance for your comments!

Old 2007-07-09, 8:21pm

for vintage and Messy 96 - I am biased
http://phoenixartsupplies.com
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-07-09, 8:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble newbie View Post
Thanks for the responses. Looks like some good places to check out. I currently use moritti with my frit and have not had incompatability cracks,yet.
I'm concerned because I pretty much cover the whole bead with it and fear I am pushing my luck. I also want to start encasing. If I have a 104 base, covered in 93-96 frit can I encase with a 96 clear and not worry about the base glass? I've had cracks when I put 104 on top of the 96 frit. Thanks in advance for your comments!
I would not encase a 104 with 96 -that would be pushing it- and I do a serious amount of mixing- 104 on 96 and vice versa
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2007-07-09, 8:58pm

Jess @ Phonix art supplies has FUN sample packs too!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies