Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2009-03-26, 7:56am

Default 2 torches on 1 tank set up?

I have just gotten a Cricket and a Nortel Minor (great gifts) and have just one set up with tanks, hoses, regulators, etc....can I set up a splitter and short hoses to each torch with a quick connect type fitting to switch between them AND/OR can I split them and connect and use both at the same time? Thanks for your help as I will be getting both of them soon and want to have everything set up safely as soon as possible. Carol
Old 2009-03-26, 8:15am

If you think you'll want to run both simultaneously on occaision, or want to have two work stations, then you'll want to run a short length of hose from your tanks into a pair of "Y" valves (one for propane, one for oxygen). I would recommend getting the kind with shut-off handles so that you can turn the gas off to the un-used torch if you're only using one at a time. You can then run independent sets of hoses to each torch, but you don't necessarily have to have quck-connects if you plan on leaving each torch installed permanently.

If you know you'll only ever use one torch or the other at any given time, I would add the safety style quick connects (have built in flashback arrestors instead of just reverse-flow check vavles) to one torch, inbetween the torch and the end of the hose run. You can buy a second set of quick-connects for the other torch, but I believe Arrow Springs sells the male ends separately, so that you don't end up with an extra main quick-connect body with the internal FB that you won't end up using. Saves a little extra money.

Hope that makes sense

Linda
Old 2009-03-26, 10:46am
Gentleman of Leisure

Solution is hashed around in this thread....

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123603

I don't know if it will confuse you more or not, but I think its what you are looking for...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2009-03-26, 12:33pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU...will read that thread...appreciate the help