Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-05-14, 5:45pm
I'm meeeeelting

Quote:
If you want your fix, you can see pics on my facebook, or do like Felicia and come visit her when you're in California (I provide wine, beer, assorted munchies and chocolate)!
Karen provides good snacks...and good company.

I've started pouring over the class schedule. Woot!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-15, 6:42am

Hi all,
Wish I could go but West is just to far for me. Could anyone tell me how I can reach Deb Crowley. I've sent a couple of emails and pm'd her through LE but as of today no response. I know she's really busy but I need to get a hold of her regarding an order I placed through her website. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 2010-05-16, 12:25pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Roberta, I emailed you today, I had PC troubles but tutorial is sent now a few days late, I apologize!

For all of you GlassStockers....the class schedule is DONE...woohoo! A few last minute changes have been made....it is ready for serious contemplation now, have fun trying to pick only 6!

You will all get a newsletter June 1st (and every month until the event) with all the payment information. As soon as you get that checks can be mailed...online payments MUST wait until the designated time in the newsletter!!!! There is a $15 fee for online payments, chekcs will be the tuition amount of $450. Be ready to make that payment around June 1st for a check or money order, June 5th at 9am PST for online payments.

This line up of classes is incredible.....this is going to be awesome! Don't forget about EGS Flame Off the weekend before...all of you staff get a free pass as a perk from EGS this year, they are so incredible!

EGS has given us a special price of $50 per Hot Shop Session too! We have Beg, Int and Adv classes, they will be up in next few days with pics and descriptions.
Also a full Hot Shop (furnace blowing soft glass) day on Monday for $200, each person should be able to to 3-4 pieces in a full day of 6 students.

Our featured sponsors for this year are Arrow Springs and Momka Glass so be ready to get some great deals on goodies!

More from the GS team on June 1st....
deb

Old 2010-05-16, 12:32pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
Oh heavens NO! She will remain here at home in California - terrorizing
the other dogs. Once is enough with her. If you want your fix, you can see
pics on my facebook, or do like Felicia and come visit her when you're
in California (I provide wine, beer, assorted munchies and chocolate)!
Stella, wine and chocolate...I am SO there.....

Old 2010-05-16, 2:08pm
I like to melt things

Is the class schedule posted somewhere so that we can look at it?

-
-
Old 2010-05-16, 3:11pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Melanie, yes, it is....go to debcrowley.com (or shell tut link below) click on GS West. Top portion is details about the event, the middle section are all the class descriptions and the bottom is the actual schedule.

deb

Old 2010-05-16, 4:54pm
I like to melt things

I must be an idiot, but when I look at that page, I don't see a schedule... I just see some vague info about the number of classes that there will be and some details about how and when we will sign up for them. The bottom of the page is about the flame off and there's a link to the Eugene Glass School.

I don't really see a detailed schedule or information about the classes themselves.

-
-
Old 2010-05-16, 6:27pm
Master Procrastinator

Melanie, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. That's where you'll find the class schedule, at the end of the list of classes.

Old 2010-05-16, 7:31pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

For all the newbies out there freaking out about the
"dread DEMO"...I have started a new 2010 thread
to discuss this and hopefully allay your fears.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=163184

Here's the thread from 2009, you can read through this too.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ass+stock+demo

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-05-16, 8:09pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
Melanie, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. That's where you'll find the class schedule, at the end of the list of classes.
Aha!

Thank you Lea

-
-
Old 2010-05-17, 6:04pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Lea and Karen, you girls are tops!
xoxo debs

Old 2010-05-29, 9:57am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone....back from Eugene last weekend. I sure had great students at Eugene Glass School and 3 days of teaching super fun classes, ending with some killer blown shells!

Thanks to all who stopped by, great to see you all! And a huge thanks to Hugh Salkind (should be soooo-kind) what a top notch TA, who could ask for more, you rock it Hugh!

GS tuition payments and class picks are coming up next weekend!

For those of you still thinking about going, there are a couple spots left before class selection begins!! Use shell link below to get to my website (debcrowley.com) and click on Glass Stock West.

Tuition payment info as well as hot shop info (wooohooo, 3 glory holes going and 500 lbs of glass!) will be coming June 1st in the monthly newsletter, be very ready all attendees!

Ok, off for a soak in the spa and then fire up!!
Hugs and sunshine deb

Old 2010-06-04, 8:39am
Wooohooo,GS!

Ok everyone, sign up for classes starts tomorrow!!!!
Be ready for your phone calls....I am headed out today to find a headset so my ear doesn't feel like last year, lol!

My cell phone doesn't work here at the house so it will be one call at a time ;( Hopefully we will be almost done tomorrow and Sunday will be just morning time (the calls will be from 10-6 daily)

Hugs and wooohooo debs

Old 2010-06-04, 9:25am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Ok everyone, sign up for classes starts tomorrow!!!!
Be ready for your phone calls....I am headed out today to find a headset so my ear doesn't feel like last year, lol!

My cell phone doesn't work here at the house so it will be one call at a time ;( Hopefully we will be almost done tomorrow and Sunday will be just morning time (the calls will be from 10-6 daily)

Hugs and wooohooo debs

And don't forget to have lots of backups in case the classes
that you want are full. There are NO BAD CLASSES. No matter
what class you take, you will be wishing you took the OTHER
class (yes, they are all that fantastic!).

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-06-04, 7:07pm
Master Procrastinator

So true Karen! & once you have your classes chosen it will REALLY seem REAL!!!

Old 2010-06-04, 8:07pm

But how can you choose... I feel so lost. I want his one ..... no that one ....... no that one .........

Michelle
Old 2010-06-04, 8:15pm
Master Procrastinator

EXACTLY Michelle!! Except that they're all good so you really can't go wrong. Don't forget that during open torch you'll be seeing some amazing things too.

Old 2010-06-04, 9:19pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Ooh, class pickin' time! Whoo hoo! Let the party begin!!

Old 2010-06-04, 11:03pm

Oh, Whew! I thought the class calls were starting today, and I've been carrying that darn phone all around with me. When I didn't get any calls today, I was starting to worry maybe my check got lost. I still haven't decided which classes I want so I've been carrying the schedule and print out of all the classes around with me along with the phone! 53 pages of Glass Stock information for me to drool over, Woo Hoo!
Old 2010-06-04, 11:33pm
I'm meeeeelting

Once you find yourself wishing you'd taken that other class, ask the instructor or one of the students from the class to show you what they learned at open torch. Last year, EVERYONE in the soft glass room was making Deb fish by the end of GS whether they'd taken the class or not.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-06-05, 9:56am
I'm meeeeelting

5 more minutes until we all start staring anxiously at our phones!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-06-05, 10:35am
Martyrs don't bitch.

Does anyone know who's doing the calling?

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2010-06-05, 10:38am

I echo the sentiments.... there are no bad classes! They are all fun and you learn so much for each one. Then there is open torch where I always wander around with my mouth hangin open.... such talent and everyone shares! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Old 2010-06-05, 10:38am
Master Procrastinator

I'm pretty sure it's Deb.

Old 2010-06-05, 10:40am
I'm meeeeelting

I'm assuming Deb is calling, because she did last year and I got the impression from her post about only one line because her cell doesn't work in the house that they're using her land line. That's just my guess, though.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-06-05, 10:49am
Martyrs don't bitch.

Oh cool, I was just wondering because i'm thinking about heading out and wanted to give her a cell phone number.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2010-06-05, 11:26am

It's pretty bad when you have to take your cell phone into the bathroom because you're afraid you'll miss "THE" call. (LOL)

Melody

Old 2010-06-05, 11:29am
I'm meeeeelting

I know!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-06-05, 11:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead_lover View Post
it's pretty bad when you have to take your cell phone into the bathroom because you're afraid you'll miss "the" call. (lol)

melody
i am not the only one yea!!!!!!

Michelle
Old 2010-06-05, 1:04pm
I'm meeeeelting

Just got my first call and my payment went through at 9:00:14. Sounds like it's been a little slow going. Deb said they got off to a bit of a late start, because a lot of people forgot to include a phone number with their payments (plus there have been people that paid and then failed to answer their phones).

Foot Pedal Tutorial: