Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2014-04-12, 12:06pm
Super Secret Division

Default New Tucson Show! - February 3-7, 2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!

ANNOUNCEMENT!
2015 Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival!
February 3-7 2015

It's my honor to announce an all new show in Tucson during the gem shows! February 2015 will see a new show that is dedicated to Glass Art, Glass Beads, and Glass Blowers from around the world coming together to display their art to collectors, enthusiasts, and all the great people Tucson has to offer during the internationally renowned Tucson gem and mineral show period that runs the entire month of February.

It's been a long time goal of mine to organize a new glass show that's run for the glass artist community, BY the glass art community. Tucson has always been a great and welcoming venue, but lately the shows have spread us thin and many artists have felt a loss of the camaraderie over the past few years. My hope and vision is to bring as many glass artists as possible back together under one roof, to establish a new show venue that caters to the collectors, artists, enthusiasts, and businesses that make the Glass Art community the greatest contemporary art movement of the 21st century.

There will be many more announcements to be made in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned! I have some exciting news about vendors, location, and applications I can't wait to share. Thank you to everyone who's already shown interest in this show, I'm sure with your support it will be the Next big Thing in Tucson for years to come!

-Doug Harroun / Greymatter Glass
Old 2014-04-12, 2:33pm

I am happy to announce that I am the first exhibitor to sign up for this new show. Lewis C Wilson Crystal Myths
Old 2014-10-24, 2:29pm

Doug just posted this update. A lot of good talent here.

We still have several great spaces for vendors at the show, if you've been waiting now is the time to get your applications / contracts in. The Tucson Glass Art and Bead Festival is shaping up to be a great event, a reunion of many artists that made previous shows so much fun. This will be a medium sized show featuring glass artists and associated vendors only - no mass produced imports, strand beads, or plastic flowers!

As a first year show I know there are artists who will have concerns and questions. The biggest question is "who else will be there?" I have many outstanding applications and don't want to commit people who are on the fence - I respect that name dropping and being false about vendors is a tactic that works for other shows, I am not like that, and this show will not play those games.

Right now, I have as confirmed vendors:
Jared DeLong
Akihiro Okama
Ryo Ono
Mika Nishiyama
Kiso Toshie
(+ about 20 amazing Japanese artists work who cannot attend in person!)
Lewis Wilson / Crystal Myths
Barb Svetlik
Bronwen Heilman
Marcia Kmack / Cavecreek Glassworks
Patty Lakinsmith
Lori Engle / Heiden & Engle
Monty Clark / Dichroic Inc.
Jeff Rogers / Rogers Art Glass
Darryl Emmett / Blast Shield Tools
Donna Felkner / CG Beads
Doug Harroun / Greymatter Glass
Donna Conklin / Prima Donna Beads
JeriLyn Alderman / Firechilde Glass Studio
Old 2014-10-24, 7:53pm

Talking

There are also still rooms available at the hotel where the show is being held:

Quality Inn Suites
5251 South Julian Drive
Tucson, AZ 85607
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-tucs...AZ250#listpos2
Phone: (520) 294-5250
Fax: (520) 889-1982

You need to ask for Harry when you call and say that you are looking for the block of rooms for the Tucson Glass Art & Bead Festival. Rates are $99, $109 and $129 a night [plus tax]. The hotel will have airport shuttle service for all guests and free continental breakfast.

Lewis
Old 2014-10-25, 12:18pm
Happiness is....

Congratulations and good luck with your show Doug! This is a great thing your doing for the Glass Art world.

A Crickett and 2 5lp oxycons
Old 2014-10-26, 8:49pm

http://www.tucsonglassartshow.com/
Old 2014-10-27, 6:38am

That's awesome, I didn't know there was a website. Now I can post a link, thanks.
-D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Donna Felkner -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
Old 2014-11-06, 4:50pm

Awesome news! No Tuscon for me this year! But I hope to make it next year! I wish you all a very successful show!

Old 2014-11-27, 10:53am

Yahooo- hope you have a wonderful show!!!