No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-12-03, 3:28pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

Default Vetrofond Strawberry Sweet

In 2008 (probably), I bought some Vetrofond odd lot sample packs. I wound up with rods of Strawberry Sweet which I never used.

A few months ago I decided to make a bunch of spacers to clear out glass that I won't ever buy again. The Strawberry Sweet beads turned out with this grayed deep purple scummy finish. I decided to etch them and was amazed at the result: a dusty rose. It made sense with the name of Strawberry Sweet.

The rods I bought recently work out to be a deep coral, which is in line with the Strawberry Sweet discussions I've come across. Is there a known difference between early and more recent batches of Strawberry Sweet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-12-03, 6:19pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

It's a pale color (gray) in rod form & has a weird lime color in the center. It strikes to a wonderful dark peach / coral color. I love it & have several pounds of it. I'm not sure why more people don't love it. It's a striking color, so put it in the edge of the flame & you'll see the wonderful colors pop.

Vivian

-

Old 2014-12-03, 6:30pm
Disconnected

Odd lots are notorious for varying within the same batch, I have over 3 lbs of Orange Sherbet and I'm pretty sure not 2 rods yield the same shade of orange. I guess it depends how much of the core color ended up in the pull that yielded the batch that the rods were bundled from (take this sentence backwards for sense). The Strawberry Sweet I loved and tried to stock on back then was a light brick red, redder than Red Roof Tile but lighter than CIM Lipstick or Effetre Cinnamon Coral.

Old 2014-12-03, 6:31pm
Disconnected

Vivian, I think you're talking about Sweet Lime, and I love this one too.

Old 2014-12-03, 6:38pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

They're both that way & strike the same. One is a bit lighter than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonche View Post
Vivian, I think you're talking about Sweet Lime, and I love this one too.

Vivian

-

Old 2014-12-03, 7:49pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonche View Post
Odd lots are notorious for varying within the same batch, I have over 3 lbs of Orange Sherbet and I'm pretty sure not 2 rods yield the same shade of orange. I guess it depends how much of the core color ended up in the pull that yielded the batch that the rods were bundled from (take this sentence backwards for sense). The Strawberry Sweet I loved and tried to stock on back then was a light brick red, redder than Red Roof Tile but lighter than CIM Lipstick or Effetre Cinnamon Coral.
The light brick rod color is that of the rods I bought. It had a pronounced green core. I seem to be out of luck in getting more of those. Sigh.