TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-12-11, 12:06am

Christi is not only a fantastic artist but a really great person. I just love her. She's an awesome teacher. I'll tell her you said hello!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-14, 8:06pm
Glassy Broad :-)

Cheryl thanks SO much for asking this question!! I've read and re-read all the comments and the different ways of doing this, good on ya!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2008-12-14, 8:36pm

Yeah! I was trying leaves recently and trying to rake them out which wasn't going that great. Looking forward to trying the stringer. Thanks all.

Old 2009-01-21, 7:21am

I'm getting a lot of visits to my site from this thread thanks to Evelyn's post. I don't know whether my tutorials are helpful at all, but just wanted to let you know the link has changed for them - I've redone my website.

They are now at - http://www.fireseed.ca/?page_id=95
there's one for raked vine and one for raked flowers

Old 2009-01-21, 8:15am

Wanna' know how I do them? I made lots of them before learning to sculpt them w/o a surface.

I usually use White, but any light color will do. Put down a dot of that, flatten it, melt some trans color, or 2 or 3 if you're feeling really ambitious, and layer that on. Melt, flatten, add veins, indent (or pull into points for Poinsettias) vein lines, flatten tiny hills, melt off the chill marks, and finally pull the center vein into a curved point, according to your design. ♥

Before His throne is a sea of glass like crystal.

Old 2009-01-21, 3:00pm

Fireseed thank you so much.

Karen
Volkano Exotik
Old 2009-01-21, 3:44pm

Lots of really cool techniques in this thread to try.

Debbie
Old 2009-01-21, 4:35pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Thanks for asking this question I had no idea there were so many different types. Off to the torch to try them.

Old 2009-01-21, 6:19pm

The new issue of the Flow (Women in Glass) has a Leah Fairbank's tutorial that covers this, but I agree with the earlier post that the Kervin book about her work is a great resource for this. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2009-01-22, 9:32pm

I like to use a vine cane, make a dot and pull through it. If you want it more pointed, heat it up at the end , touch a cool stringer to the end and pull it off. Makes a nice tip that way.
Old 2009-01-23, 6:50am

Default thanks for the tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseI View Post
I'm getting a lot of visits to my site from this thread thanks to Evelyn's post. I don't know whether my tutorials are helpful at all, but just wanted to let you know the link has changed for them - I've redone my website.

They are now at - http://www.fireseed.ca/?page_id=95
there's one for raked vine and one for raked flowers
Hi Louise, I am one of the people who visited your site, nice tutorial.
Bob
Old 2009-03-17, 2:27am

I'm glad it's helpful, you are most welcome