Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-05-12, 7:38pm
Don't dis The Cheese

Default Awesome Tutorial- Felting Sculpted Faces- Good job Sandy!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Sandy (slcuniques) for an awesome tutorial: Needle Felt; Sculpting the Face! I watched mine tonight and, it's great!

The tutorial is very comprehensive and easy to follow. Love the Texas drawl too! Great work, Sandy!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127183

It takes a lot more "faith" to believe that man did all of this all by himself than it does to believe that he had help.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
Old 2009-05-13, 9:05am
Beadmaking.nl

I always thought here will be announced the free tutorials.... because there is a place there called: Tutorials to purchase).

I also asked myself why this tutorial was announced here on Lampworketc.
Next time someone is announcing here a tutorial to make a doll-house.
Or am I wrong and do I need glass to make them?
Perhaps I am the only one who is thinking this and I am complaining about nothing. Then Sorry, the faces are great, but I love only glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-13, 1:19pm
Don't dis The Cheese

Hi Margriet!

This section is entitled: "Tutorials." It's not really specific as to being only about glass or about free tutorials. I guess I went with that, as what my post was about, along with looking at the many other tutorial related threads that weren't necessarily directly about glass.

I can understand your love of glass; it's been a passion of mine too, since I was a little kid collecting marbles. Beautiful beads, by the way!

It takes a lot more "faith" to believe that man did all of this all by himself than it does to believe that he had help.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
Old 2009-05-13, 8:47pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

Quote:
Originally Posted by margriet@stainedglass.nl View Post
I always thought here will be announced the free tutorials.... because there is a place there called: Tutorials to purchase).

Perhaps I am the only one who is thinking this and I am complaining about nothing. Then Sorry, the faces are great, but I love only glass.
Many of us who are artists work in several mediums, not just glass, and that's where the interest in other media tutorials comes from. I love glass too but it doesn't change my love for fiber, metal and paints to name a few, it's just another way to stimulate creative energy. The more tutorials available, the more room for growth and sharing knowledge.
Old 2009-05-15, 1:15am

Margiet, Lampwork Etc... is all mediums. Not just glass. There are literally tutorials for all sorts of things in the tutorials section, free and to purchase.
Lisa's thread is not selling my tutorial. She was posting about receiving her copy and that she liked it.
This is not a forum exclusive for Glass...nor is the tutorial section, Free or for purchase.
There are felters and fiber artists, Chain maile and wire work artists, pmc, enamels and copper artists and jewelry designers "etc" that have nothing to do with glass... There are also tutorials on all the above in both FREE and TO PURCHASE sections.
I see no reason to be rude about someone posting a positive comment about a tutorial they have purchased.
Please go read through the forum to learn more about what's on Lampwork "Etc". That will help you learn what Lampwork etc is all about.

Lisa, Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with throughout the process. Have fun!!!

Quote:

Old 2009-05-15, 2:40am
Beadmaking.nl

Sandy,
I didn't want to be rude. I thought I had said that in my post also:

Quote:

Perhaps I am the only one who is thinking this and I am complaining about nothing. Then Sorry, the faces are great
, but I love only glass.
I just said what I was thinking and I was curious about this and if I was the only one who was thinking that way. I was really surprised to see a announcement how to make dolls with a other product then glass.
Well, it seems that I am the only one

It makes me sad that you call me rude. You do have to understand that English isn't my first language, so sometimes it is difficult for me to explain what I mean.

It is clear to me now and I hope that it is clear to you what I ment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-15, 9:06am

Quote:
Sandy,
I didn't want to be rude. I thought I had said that in my post also: I didn't read that you said that.

I just said what I was thinking and I said what I was thinking and I was curious about this and if I was the only one who was thinking that way. I was really surprised to see a announcement how to make dolls with a other product then glass. Lisa's post wasn't about making "dolls". It was a complemental post to me for a tutorial she purchased from me.
Well, it seems that I am the only one Most people know, Lampwork Etc.. is a multi-medium forum but that glass is a dominate medium, not exclusive to.

It makes me sad that you call me rude. Your post was an open complaint that I defended in Lisa's behalf as well as my own. You do have to understand that English isn't my first language, so sometimes it is difficult for me to explain what I mean. Your English seems very good to me. Your sentence form was very precise and intentional, especially when you said, "The next thing will be "doll house tutorials". That comment was hurtful to me.

It is clear to me now and I hope that it is clear to you what I ment.
Please let me explain to you.. I'm not a doll maker. I am a needle felter/wool sculptor. A doll maker comes in several forms from plastic dolls to sewn fabrics and in-between. That's like calling a glass artist or lampworker, something less or different than what they pride themselves in, in their own art. It's insulting to regard the glass artist as a crafter. Every level of art in all deliberate mediums take skill, practice and time.

Lampwork etc is a forum for all art mediums and with 200 plus posts, you should have known this.
To add insult to injury, you also said, " Your dolls are great, but I like glass only". Now why would you say that if not to be condescending? And why would you post this in a thread to me as a compliment, rather in the actual thread I started about promoting my DVDs for "Felted faces" in the tutorials for purchase?

If in the future, if you have a problem with me or anyone else as to their art of choice or how they present it, maybe consider PMing them before taking a very nice thread dedicated to someone and turning it into this.
I personally would NEVER hijack someone else's thread with doubts or question their intent about their art form or choice of medium.

ETA, If you like glass only, Why did you click on this thread?

Last edited by slcuniques; 2009-05-15 at 9:33am.
Old 2009-05-19, 10:49am
She's Back & Burnin'

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

Many people love to combine different mediums to create a unique look. And felting is quite hot right now....

Sara

Old 2009-06-04, 8:31pm

personnally, I am very happy to see the felt and tutorial. I didn't knew anything about it and find it super interesting. Considering purchasing it. Opening new horizons is nothing wrong! I think it would be really fun to add flamerworked glass eyes to those sculptures in felt!!
sorry, my 2 cents!