LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-09-27, 6:38am
Never give up

Default DanG you ask to see my pendants so here you are.

Hi DanG You ask awhile back to see my pendants. I have more questions then answers this days. I seems to be staying in below a beginner and not getting much better.

This is what I do I put the first dots near the center, heat until I think they are covered with clear. Then I add another layer of dots on the outside of those, heat until I think they are covered.Then add the center dots for the center of the flower.Of course Iam always turning. Then I go back outside the second layer of dots and add another layer. Somehow I always get pedels that are huge and they cover up all the other layers or most of the time. Should I be putting all the dots on at the same time? I know Iam close I like my loops and the shape is ok , I think. I just can't see my layers when Iam done. I can see them in the flame sometimes but not when I am finished. Wierd I know. Anyway I just wish I knew how to get the layers. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me. Kim
Old 2010-09-27, 5:46pm
Never give up

Ok Maybe he is busy. Anyone else have any idea's on how I can made my pendants flowers better?? Anyone???
Old 2010-09-27, 6:59pm
Happy in AZ

No advice, but I love your pendants!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-27, 7:06pm
Tweedle Dumb

I put my dots on all at the same time, covering the face of the maria, and sometimes a few extra rows after I've squished it a few times. Gives a little more depth. I'm not Dan, but I found that less is more when you are doing implosions. The dots shouldn't be huge or they just kinda smudge together. But... I don't know exactly what you are after.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-09-28, 8:49am

less is more. for sure. small dots, evenly spaced. the one thing you might be doing, that is causing things to not be super distinct......could be over marvering/squishing. be patient, let the implosion slowly happen. marvering is necessary, but pushing too hard can distort your image you are trying to achieve.

Old 2010-09-28, 12:19pm
Never give up

Wow! thanks. Maybe I am over squishing or getting my dots to large. I am going to try smaller dots and not squishing so much. Thanks again.
Old 2010-09-28, 1:15pm
He can do the origami

try letting heat and gravity do the work for you instead of so much compression (squishing). I barely allow the weight of the rod to push down against the marver when I am compressing. Also, make sure you are heating everything that is not rod.... such at the top side and center of your maria. Your flower petals need somewhere to move to and if they are encountering colder, stiff glass on the way up as they implode, they will have a tendency to flatten out and spread as well. Hope this helps.

Otter