Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-04-08, 10:20am

Default arancio perfecto

What is arancio perfecto supposed to do? anything? It stays a nice champange color for me, but I thought it was supposed to strike for some reason...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need custom made price tags? Check out my friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
! Mention my name.
I LOVE these cards, plus they make life a little easier when getting ready for shows!

Old 2007-04-08, 10:23am

I think it's suppose to strike orange. Frantz shows it as orange.
Old 2007-04-08, 10:27am
Is it May yet?

It is supposed to be a "simple" striking orange...give me some orange strike, if you please!! There was nothing simple about the perfecto. Robyn got it to strike at the bead retreat last year, but it took lots of time and effort. Not worth it, IMO. I have never had a problem with the plain old orange strike, so I stick with that!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2007-04-08, 10:41am

I can't get it to do shit. I played with a rod of it yesterday for about an hour and nothing. I didn't put it on anything, I just warmed and cooled the tip of the rod in every combo I could think of. It's sad it doesn't work for me cause I don't like the new striking orange since it's not really transparent. I soooo miss the old orange. I think the old striking red has gone away too. bleh

! Mention my name.
I LOVE these cards, plus they make life a little easier when getting ready for shows!

Old 2007-04-08, 11:15am
Princess of Pi

it strikes pretty easily for me - what kind of torch are you on?
Old 2007-04-08, 11:18am
Entropy increasing....

I have only used it a couple of times but it struck for me pretty easy.

Arancio perfect is really the perfect orange.
Old 2007-04-08, 11:28am
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barclayb View Post
it strikes pretty easily for me - what kind of torch are you on?
She has a betta and a cuda.

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2007-04-08, 12:40pm
Princess of Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venessa View Post
She has a betta and a cuda.
I have no idea then - wish I could help
Old 2007-04-08, 1:02pm
Fire Diva

I love arancio perfecto...
I run an oxygen rich flame...maybe try keeping your flame the whole time you work the arancio perfecto oxygen rich...just a thought.

Old 2007-04-08, 2:28pm

I'll give it a shot. I have a shit ton of it cause it looked so cool. I'll try the o2 rich flame on a new chunk. Any other suggestions from you guys? This is what I get for not having problems with raku, isn't it?

! Mention my name.

Old 2007-04-08, 3:28pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

It has to get really cool before you strike it. I found that I got it to strike easily with pressed florals, because I was cooling them in between design elements anyway:

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2007-04-09, 8:47am
koregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenia View Post
What is arancio perfecto supposed to do? anything? It stays a nice champange color for me, but I thought it was supposed to strike for some reason...
make a hollow out of it, you'll see it do its thing, it can change to an opaque like orange, and a firey transparent, depends on which stage it is in. I played with it when I first got it and made some big hollows, to see what it would do. Its really cool used that way.

Old 2007-04-10, 5:16am
The Andrea Half

It makes a gorgoeus persimmon color, and I can get it to strike if I work it cool.

Old 2007-04-10, 7:08am
Ad astra per aspera

Send it to me, I love the stuff! It REALLY needs to cool before you strike it.

Old 2007-04-11, 4:52am
Um......

Mine turns a dark orange not while I'm working with it but when the bead is in the kiln. The longer you anneal it, the darker the orange. Hope this helps!

Old 2007-04-11, 5:08am
Back from the Dark Side

Definately needs to cool before striking it. Almost to the point you think it will pop off of the mandrel

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2007-04-11, 8:20am
Fire Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead-licious View Post
Mine turns a dark orange not while I'm working with it but when the bead is in the kiln. The longer you anneal it, the darker the orange. Hope this helps!
really?? then I wonder if you can take the beads that did not strike and put them in the kiln for the next time you work and if they will kiln strike to orange?? that would be a cool experiment.