Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2018-08-26, 3:47am
DaveK

Default Show and tell!

Faceted…Teardrop

Here is a piece of boro and I am in the process of faceting. The original glass was imploded Mighty Moss and gold and silver fume stretched into an egg shape.

I have a bunch of marbles and stuff with surface issues I never got back to. Now to figure out how to make a bail. Any suggestions?

Video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7YwzXn...=1qfeldxtyf440
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨

Last edited by KA; 2018-08-26 at 3:56am.
Old 2018-08-26, 6:51am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
I love looking at this thread! I still haven't hooked up to the bigger torch and the oxygen tank. Does the oxygen leak out like from tires? If so I probably need a refill!
It shouldn't. As long as the seals are good and the valve is closed ... it should keep.

Custom Boro Blends, Momka frit and Czech Glass available at
Old 2018-08-26, 6:52am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Faceted…Teardrop

Here is a piece of boro and I am in the process of faceting. The original glass was imploded Mighty Moss and gold and silver fume stretched into an egg shape.

I have a bunch of marbles and stuff with surface issues I never got back to. Now to figure out how to make a bail. Any suggestions?

Video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7YwzXn...=1qfeldxtyf440
Lovely. Do you want a glass bail? or a traditional metal bail. Rio has all sorts of glue on bails to showcase that beauty!!

Old 2018-08-26, 7:27am
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Lovely. Do you want a glass bail? or a traditional metal bail. Rio has all sorts of glue on bails to showcase that beauty!!
Thanks. I have some of Rio’s sterling bails, like a ring with a post, but I was thinking about a wire wrap but I never have done wire wrap and don’t exactly know how to do it. I guess I could just drill a hole and glue the end of the wire into the hole...
You can call me Dave 🎨
Old 2018-08-28, 11:32am

Wow, I love all these beads. I'm just starting out with my torch. I've worked with fused glass for years and teach it at a not of profit studio in Southern California. I need to practice on the torch a LOT longer.
Old 2018-09-02, 10:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Thanks. I have some of Rio’s sterling bails, like a ring with a post, but I was thinking about a wire wrap but I never have done wire wrap and don’t exactly know how to do it. I guess I could just drill a hole and glue the end of the wire into the hole...
I do some basic wire wrapping but I wouldn't wrap that beauty ... you want to showcase those facets not detract with wire. JMO

Old 2018-09-03, 6:34am
DaveK

Well, adding a glass bail, that ship has sailed. There is wire wrapping or drilling a hole and glueing a bail on it (pictured). To me, this method is kind of unsightly because the mechanics of the connection is visible. I am just soliciting any other way to present it as a pendant.

This project is on hold because it takes two weeks to obtain supplies from HIS Glassworks. Why anything that takes two weeks to ship is a mystery to me. It reminds me of “Oh Brother Where Art Thow” where he want’s to buy Dapper Dan hair jelly, LOL.

You can call me Dave 🎨