Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-06-15, 7:51pm
Life is change. Love it

My favourites today are the opal pink (I think) which is in fact an awesome purple, flamingo, transparent heliotrope, hyacinthe, iris gold, iris blue. That will change tomorrow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-06-15, 8:52pm
da General

I like the Kugler Iris Gold better than the Reichenbach one - anyone else?

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-16, 3:43am
Formerly known as LT

Anyone use the Reichenbach Clear? I have had trouble encasing the Raku before with all the other clears and wondered if the Reichenbach is a nice clear clear that is easy to use or if it has scumy issues like moretti.

Old 2007-06-16, 7:48am
Life is change. Love it

I don't love the clear I have to say. I would try the System 96, I hear that is better

Old 2007-06-22, 12:14pm
Formerly known as LT

Well I got my glass in! Thanks for all the help in deciding. I haven't had much chance to torch sence I got them. I have had the flu, but when I get color samples I will post incase anyone is interested in seeing what they are like.
I do have these "Pretty in pink". I didn't right down what I used so I am not sure but think they are mostly the gold pink. I'll do better next time.

Old 2007-06-22, 1:44pm
da General

Great colors, Londa!!!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-06-22, 11:01pm

Damn now I want some reichenbach glass!
anyone know who sells sampler type packs?
those beads rock!

Old 2007-06-22, 11:19pm
Genus: gwacefulia klumsia

Love love love love Reichenbach. I don't like mixing COEs so I had to buy a bunch of it to use together. It's so yummy. Here are a few recent Reichenbach only beads. Sorry to be hoggy but you can see how wonderful their colors are:
Attached Images

etsy shop:

doggies:
Old 2007-06-23, 12:56am

Wow Gracie Just WOW! I really really want some of this stuff now! I wonder who stocks it in the UK?

Old 2007-06-23, 1:44am
Formerly known as LT

Bethany thanks for showing! I love the colors you got. Your florals are really nice. Is that raku for the petals on the set?

Old 2007-06-23, 5:18am
Genus: gwacefulia klumsia

Thanks Ellie and Feldts - if you want to see more you can look on my site - lots of those beads are Reich.

Yes, Raku is both in the petals of the set and the minis.
etsy shop:

doggies:
Old 2007-06-23, 8:27am
Semi Retired

Hi LT (Feldt Glass), pretty pink set. I like the reaction of the gold pink on the base. Is it U96 almond?
Wow Bethany, those are the prettiest raku spacers I have seen.

|

|

|

|

Old 2007-06-23, 10:10am
It's all about the color.

You can see some of the Reichenbach transparents and how they will react here (for a limited time).

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2007-06-23, 12:01pm
Formerly known as LT

Bethany what clear did you use? I bought system 96 clear to encase the Reichenbach glass and was careful to only use that glass and every bead I made with the clear cracked. Some I encased light some heavy some trails and all cracked. Should I garage at a higher temp or is it the glass. I treated these very careful and never have trouble with cracking. All were put in glowing. I was very careful to make sure there was even heat on each not knowing how this would react. GRRRRRRR

Old 2011-08-07, 6:06pm
Confused as usual

I am loving looking at REICHENBACH colors. How are these colors on a HH torch? and where is the best place to buy this glass Ie. best price/selection?
Old 2011-08-07, 6:13pm

OCR has a good selection.

http://www.glasscolor.com/lampworking/default.aspx

Old 2011-08-07, 6:27pm
Ave

I love Reichy colors.. They are wonderful bases for all the fab frit combos available with no issue of compatibility.. The transparents need to be diluted with clear or layered with opaques as they are very saturated.. the reducing colors are TDF!!
The folks at Olympic color are great!!
Ave

Old 2011-08-07, 8:01pm

why are there so many 96 coe furnace glass colors and a lot less coe 104

colors? i would love to have them all in 104 coe...just curious

joan
Old 2011-08-08, 7:01am
Confused as usual

How is this glass with use on a Hot head torch? and can I use both 96 coe and 104 on the HH ?
Old 2011-08-08, 10:11am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazarra View Post
How is this glass with use on a Hot head torch? and can I use both 96 coe and 104 on the HH ?
Yes, a 104 base with a single layer of #0 or #1 size 96 COE frit (actually, Reichenbach is 92-94) is fine, as long as you don't encase it.

The furnace glasses have more lead in them so that's why they are more "flexible" and in small amounts there won't be problems on the surface of 104 COE. Gaffer is 96 COE, Reichenbach and Kugler are 92-94, and I think Zimmerman frits are 93, not sure. Uroboros is also 96 COE, but essentially a lead-free soft glass, so you cannot use it with 104.

I worked with frits all the time on the HH. But be careful of the Gold Ruby and pink colors because they can reduce, so work way out in the flame and melt slow. Be careful of anything with violet in it too, because it can also reduce, but not as easily as the pinks.

Some HH and frit beads:

Last edited by Lisi; 2011-08-08 at 10:16am.
Old 2011-08-08, 10:36am

Reichenbach started with their 104 series just a short time ago (2 years or so I think), so I am sure there will be more colours over the time!
Verena

Fritblends in COE 104: