Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-07-09, 2:33pm
Keep on keepin' on...

Default Czech Glass - Tourmaline Pink?

Does anyone know where I can get some Tourmaline Pink glass rod? I'm almost out. The one supplier I found by googling is out of stock. I have no idea where I got the little bit I had, but I LOVE this glass!!!!!!

Thanks,
Brandy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-09, 4:18pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I think I have some (I like czech glass) I don't carry but it would be pulled from my own stash. If you can wait till tomorrow I can check for you.

Old 2011-07-09, 4:35pm
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
I think I have some (I like czech glass) I don't carry but it would be pulled from my own stash. If you can wait till tomorrow I can check for you.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yes, I can wait until tomorrow! Thank you for checking! I'll look for your reply tomorrow sometime!

My fingers are crossed!

Old 2011-07-09, 4:36pm
"Sinners have soul too"

If you don't hear from me that means I spaced out and forgot... send me a pm and give me a poke.

Old 2011-07-09, 6:25pm
Nikki Haverstock

Czech glass? I want Czech glass.
Old 2011-07-09, 6:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Goober.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-07-10, 2:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Diva! I have one 16" rod and one 11" rod, they are the larger diameter (I think 10mm?)
Lemme know if you'd like it.

Old 2011-07-10, 2:44pm
Keep on keepin' on...

Quote:
Diva! I have one 16" rod and one 11" rod, they are the larger diameter (I think 10mm?)
Lemme know if you'd like it.
Yes! Yes! Yes! I want them! Can you pm me with the details? Or just leave it here? I'll paypal you right away!

Old 2011-07-10, 2:47pm
"Sinners have soul too"

PMing you..

Old 2011-07-13, 6:41pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

Did anyone find a new supplier for this glass?
Old 2011-07-13, 7:48pm
"Sinners have soul too"

No supplier... Jan of Check Glass is completely out of stock

Old 2011-07-14, 6:24am
Lampworkaholic!

Someone needs to become a U.S. Ornela Dealer. The glass is still being made in the Czech Republic. I aksed Mike Frantz but he said his hands were full. So how about it? Ross? Ron?

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-07-14, 12:46pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

*sniffle* anybody want to trade me some t-pink for FosterFire bead release?
Old 2011-07-14, 12:51pm
"Sinners have soul too"

If I had more Robin I totally would!

Old 2011-07-14, 12:58pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Does anyone know if this is Czech glass?

WIESENTHALHÜTTE by Ornela

Old 2011-07-14, 1:16pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

Maybe if we got enough people together, we could put in an order with them. I need more of the shampoo glass. My supply is getting low.

Your contact person: (Glass)
Laurýn, Radek
Phone 1: +420 483 343 407
Phone 2:
Fax: +420 483 343 291
E-mail:

Vivian

-

Old 2011-07-14, 1:22pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I think I sent them an email a few years ago.

I just tried again. Is there a market of buyers for this glass?
Or am I the only one who loves it? Besides the Tourmaline that people want...

Old 2011-07-14, 1:27pm

Donna, I don't know if a lot of people are familiar with it because nobody sells it in the US now. I wonder why Checkglass.com stopped selling it. I think they live in New Orleans & it all seemed to stop after Katrina. I for one would love to see another US supplier.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-07-14, 1:30pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I met Jan at The Gathering in Oakland a few years ago... I've heard that he has lost his contact with the Ornela people. I don't know for sure. I love love love Czech glass.

I just sent Jan an email as well, asking if he really was completely out of stock and if and when he might ever get any back in stock. I don't want to step on any one's toes.

Old 2011-07-14, 1:33pm

Great Donna, I hope you're able to establish a contact. I love it too & there are probably a lot of newer lampworkers that have never had a chance to use it. My favorite is the shampoo glass. These are the yellow shampoo glass & I only have a few rods left.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-07-14, 1:36pm
"Sinners have soul too"

OMG Vivian! That's a beautiful color! The beads are great too!

Old 2011-07-14, 1:42pm
sunscreen me baby

I think it might be hard to carry unless you are big shop. They have a lot of colors, there are definite incompatibility issues within themselves and the glass appeals to a limited amount of lampworkers. I think you would have to have a good chunk of money invested in inventory on hand.

But if you do it, I would be very happy, lol.

~

Old 2011-07-14, 2:08pm
Lampworkaholic!

Charmaine got a price list from Ornela about a year ago and I have a copy. It is in Excel, I don't know if there is a way I can upload it, but the glass prices were reasonable, if you can meet the minimum order and leverage the shipping.

I think there would be a market for the colors that aren't in the currently available 104 and 96 palettes, like the shampoo colors, tourmaline, blue and rose opalescent, peach, grape, denim blue, avocado (which is more like Lime), mint (like Seafoam), etc.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-07-14, 2:17pm
"Sinners have soul too"

That's what I was thinking Elizabeth... if possible to bring the unusual colors in... don't they have smokey topaz color as well? Or is that Lauscha? I had a full sampler of the Czech colors but I'm slowly working my way through them...

Old 2011-07-14, 3:05pm
Lampworkaholic!

Yes they have Smokey Topaz ....

Old 2011-07-14, 3:26pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Damm, I was hoping that was a Lauscha color

Old 2011-07-14, 3:47pm
Rose colored glasses…√

They also have the denim blue. I have old Tourmaline (think I bought it from Patty), and newer (Katrina era) Tourmaline.

Haven't melted the first bit of it.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-07-14, 4:04pm
sunscreen me baby

The jonquil is a lovely striking yellow that is not electric. Both the shades of smoke topaz are wonderful. I love the denim, grape, amethyst (which is more plum in shade than either trans effetre purple), alexandrite and of course the tourmaline pink. The shampoo colors are simply TDF. They don't even like each other, but I love them anyway
The red opaque is one that won't get black on you. As I recall it even looks great when using a hot head. The mint.... *sigh* They make a lot of fabulous colors.

~

Old 2011-07-14, 4:14pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Sigh... I really just use the Czech and Lauscha colors alone and make spacers from them them... because I don't want to waste it with incompatibility issues. They are lovely to use as accents with my regular line up of beads.

Old 2011-07-14, 4:35pm
T.J. made me do it

I'm still wading through the 400 plus pounds that I got from Abe Fleishman years ago. I love some of it but it can have compatibility problems. I have about 20 pounds of the strikers that I haven't touched since they are coe110 or so. No tourmaline though.