Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-07-10, 6:35am
takin the long way 'round

Default Linetecular dichroic??

Hi! Does anyone have any tips for using this type of dichroic? It has a corduroy texture on one side, and is flat and shiny on the other. I recently purchased this from Arrow Springs, and I have never used this (or any other) kind of dichro before, so I'm not sure of which side to put into the flame, whether I should be encasing it, etc...... Thanks !!
Old 2009-07-10, 2:26pm
Lover of all things color

It's really easy to use. Just make sure that the dichroic side is pointed away from the flame. Heat it by the other side and wrap it on your bead like a twistie. I make sure to encase it as soon as I can so that the sides don't curl up to burn the dichroic.
Here is a photo of my first two beads. As you can see, it looks much better on a dark background.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2009-07-10, 8:28pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

I used it only in this one set yet. I have more, but didn't use it yet.
I found it to be pretty scummy if you don't pay attention and encase it right away.
It also did lose a bit of the texture for me ... I think because I was distorting the dichro by adding swirls.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2009-07-10, 8:51pm
Lover of all things color

Their beautiful Judith. I've only wrapped them around focal and yes, I do encase them quickly. I had a bit of scum on one of the first ones because I didn't get it encased quickly.

I really do like it though, it goes on very easily.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con