LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2009-01-02, 10:37pm

Default Would you be willing to put your Tut

Honestly, Would you be willing to put your Tut on CD's (for an additional fee of course) and mail out to people who can not download them. I'm asking because I currently use a satellite connection and it is close to impossible to download some of the files offered. I can't even view any of the little cute video's that people list all the time and you don't want to know how long it takes me to view the gallery everyday. It's a real PITA believe me and I oh so miss having a cable connection. I'd sell my soul even for a DSL line...but I live in the country and nothing is coming out this way anytime soon (we've asked and asked). And I'm not about to pay HughesNet $349.99 per month for 5.0 Mbps/300 Kbps. We already pay over a hundred a month just for their internet service now. UGH! Anyway...Just asking and wondering if the Tut makers have thought about this service. Don't worry won't bother me if you say no...just curious.
Old 2009-01-02, 11:19pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Personally, I think that tutorial makers are selling themselves short
by NOT offering many ways to buy their tutorials. If and when I decide
to make a tute for sale, I will have it available in at LEAST the following
versions:

1) electronic downloadable pdf
2) CD to be mailed to you
3) printed book form for order

and also,

a buy 3 tutorials at the same time, get the 4th for free CD version.
Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-03, 12:03am
The Crazy One

I would. Heck I'm easy, and if ya want it printed, well I can do that to! Or I should say I would ask Karen to do it for me... She's been real kind in helping me out before.
Old 2009-01-03, 4:06am
Yeller Rose

Ann Ricketts offers a CD. She is awsome! barb
Old 2009-01-03, 5:44am
Detail G-Mama!

Yep, I would do the cd! I would print out for ya but my color printer is on the fritz!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-03, 6:41am

This is great to hear. This is one of the reasons that I haven't purchased any Tut's so far. I don't mind printing them off myself but thanks for the offers of that service too. Thank you again.
Old 2009-01-03, 6:52am
Who me?

Felicia,

I have Hughes basic service and have no problem with the downloads - most I get via email and I view my email via web instead of using Outlook. If you are having difficulty, you should contact Hughes and have them evaluate your service - perhaps they can move you to another satellite with better service - they do this with the flick of a switch at their office. Really, your basic service should be quite adequate.
Old 2009-01-03, 7:19am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

absoluely!
I offered a few up on ebay with dvd's.

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-03, 7:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper View Post
you should contact Hughes and have them evaluate your service - perhaps they can move you to another satellite with better service - they do this with the flick of a switch at their office.
Hey Linda
Been there (a couple of times now) got that big ole T-shirt and talking to HughesNet has gotten old real quick. Oh how I miss the cable we had in Virginia Beach. Miss the old home too. Oh well...
Old 2009-01-03, 7:38am

I would offer cd's of my tuts if I knew how to put them on cd. I'm in the learning process of all this computer stuff.

My Facebook
Old 2009-01-03, 7:58am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

Jewlie, its pretty easy, open the file, go to save a copy, then choose to save it to your dvd/cd drive, depending on your computer, if you have any questions zap me an email
xo L

~~
~~
Old 2009-01-03, 1:38pm

I most definately would.

Old 2009-01-03, 2:37pm

The reactive exchange from last year is a CD that is mailed out. I actually prefer it that way myself.

When I publish my tute it will probably be the same.

Old 2009-01-03, 5:56pm
Heart Of Glass Beads

I absolutely would put mine on a CD! I need to check into the printing option also... I would do it, but I don't have a printer right now (it's a GOOD printer that got a paper jam and now won't turn on ugh!!) so would have to have it printed somewhere else...

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2009-01-03, 6:09pm
Mary Lockwood

I offer mine downloadable or already printed out. I would absolutely offer CDs if I could burn them, but I can't so, unfortunately, no. I have a CD burner on my computer, but it doesn't work anymore, the poor old dinosaur that it is. LOL

If I ever get that fixed, or even get an external one instead, I would certainly start offering CDs of my tutorials.

I already offer a price break for people buying multiple tutorials, but I didn't do that until last week when someone asked me to. I'd never had anyone want to buy all 4 at once before.

~~Mary

Old 2009-01-03, 10:06pm
jessica barksdale

pretty much obvious from the responses, but i think if you emailed/PM'd/whatever any tutorial author & asked to buy it on CD/printed version instead, they would be happy to oblige.

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-05, 7:25am
ManBearPig

Yep. I already offer them on CD. Nobody has bought one like that yet though...