Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-12-05, 11:04pm

Default Glashaus / Griffith, Ind.

Hello everyone, here to post the new OT date, looks like Sat. Jan. 10th, same rip as always 1pm until ??? bring whatever......or just show up and have a good time.......suggestions are always welcome.....chime in and let us know if your schedual is open.......D&J

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-07, 8:52am
Covered in glitter

Jan is a bad month for me because I'm teaching 3 out of 4 Saturdays. Well, I guess that should make it a GOOD month, shouldn't it? LOL If the class runs, I'm teaching that day. If it doesn't, I'll be there. They have to have a certain # of students for the class to go, so I won't really know until a few days before. Is it a bad thing hoping no one signs up for a class that will actually make me some money so I can come play? LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-12-09, 4:54pm

Hi Darby... it's a bad month for me too but I may try to make it.

Deb, where are you teaching? PMC??

Jo
Old 2008-12-09, 6:39pm
Covered in glitter

I'm teaching it at Briolette in Forest Park. I'm doing two classes in Jan...water etching and Keum Boo. I'm not sure which is on the 10th but I think it's the water etching class. I'm doing Viking Knit there the weekend inbetween.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-12-10, 2:01pm
Fusing Glass

It works for me! Cant wait!!!
Old 2008-12-12, 10:02pm

Awsome Mary, lookin forward also, likely to do some paperweights or a vase on the 10th as well.......D&J

Old 2008-12-13, 6:02am

Smile

Hi Darby, unless there is horrendous winter driving conditions, I'll be there!!

There is someone on the garage looking for concentric murrine in Bullseye. I mentioned that I could demo how to make them, and the best place would be in your studio since it's so nice and spacious. Would that be okay if she is able to come too?

Thanks for the invite! Sounds like you have your glory hole/furnace up and working ! Are you doing furnace or Murphy bucket? It feels like so long since I was there!

It'll be great to see you again. Big hugs to you and Janien.

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-14, 1:02pm

Yes, absolutely, will be so good to see you! I've a small glory (35 gal barrel) and a cruicible in a wire melter ( modified kiln), depending on what glass, I've hot in the melter, I can do a basic offhand murrini demo, I've had a good feedback on a rose murrine that I've been doing on the torch........I'm really hoping to have a tank of Liq O2 by then so if anyone wants to bring a big torch....their welcome too.... worst case senario, I'll have a full K bottle for the side table with the 2 torch stations.........I still need to get the package sent to your host friend, I hope its not too late..... please advise......D

Old 2008-12-14, 2:17pm

Smile

Hi Darby! You talking about a package for Mirtelande from Haiti? Sure, it's not too late! Just something small is more then welcome. Thanks!

As far as me doing a demo for a simple concentric murrine, I can handle it on a minor! No problem at all. It's not going to be a huge pull like you may be used to with furnace/glory hole experience.

Oh, BTW, I went to the open house of Lotton glass... OMG!!!! Was that ever fabulous! I got my book autographed by the patriarch and his sons. Awesome, awesome experience ... made me homesick for Murano again........ Is it spring yet????!!!!!

Looking forward to the new year and renewing friendships!

Ciao!

Ofilia

Last edited by Ofilia; 2008-12-14 at 2:20pm.
Old 2008-12-14, 2:32pm
Covered in glitter

Darby, if I can't make it on the 10th, please come and pick up the Bobcat so you have an extra torch there. I shouldn't hope a class gets canceled but I am. LOL I'm still channeling Martha so I'll make cookies or candy or something. Anyone like hot bean dip? I can bring that too. I really want to come! I haven't torched since the last OT. I"m going to forget how! Things are nuts right now but I really need to get out for a torch day with you and Janien.

Old 2008-12-15, 12:53pm

Ofilia, glad you got the opportunity to make the Lotton open house, it really is a wonderful experience! I'll get the things together for Mirterlande and get them sent this week.............Deb, we'll be there tomarrow, as well as Wed., we're getting a late start as I'm on my way out the door now......to make some paperweights......providing the kiln hasn't blown an element......I went out yesterday to make weights for christmas, but the kiln lost 2 elements and I spent hours yesterday changing them out and getting back up to temp.......so I'll take another stab at it today!!! your welcome anytime you want to come out........D

Old 2008-12-15, 1:01pm
Covered in glitter

I'd love to but there's just no time right now. I'm still hoping for a day at least the week after Christmas.
Hope your kiln is OK!

Old 2008-12-15, 1:42pm
Type ZZZ personality

I'm planning on coming but since it's my birthday, I may have a surprise party to go to or something!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-12-15, 1:58pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I'm planning on coming but since it's my birthday, I may have a surprise party to go to or something!
Well..... we might just have to have a cake for you with a candle in it for a wish... but, shhhh..... we won't let you know so you stay surprised! That'll be fun!

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-16, 7:55am
Covered in glitter

Now I really hope my class is cancelled! Unfortunately, I realized there's a neighborhood party that night too so I may be screwed no matter what. Bummer...

Old 2008-12-16, 8:50am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Now I really hope my class is cancelled! Unfortunately, I realized there's a neighborhood party that night too so I may be screwed no matter what. Bummer...
You can do it, Deb!! Just get your rest the day before, LOL.... The nice thing about doing these kind of things on a Saturday, is you have the whole Sunday to recover .

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-16, 8:51am

Smile

Quote:
What's your favorite kind of birthday cake, Patti? I'll pick one up at Costco. They make GREAT cakes! YUM! But remember to act surprised !

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-16, 2:56pm
Type ZZZ personality

I like cake. period. just make sure it has lots of frosting!
vanilla, chocolate or marble is fine.

off to erase my memory.

what? did someone say something?

Old 2008-12-16, 2:57pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Screw the class and the neighborhood! We're more important!

Old 2008-12-16, 3:47pm

Wink

Quote:
I like cake. period. just make sure it has lots of frosting!
vanilla, chocolate or marble is fine.

off to erase my memory.

what? did someone say something?
OMG, frosting is HUGE on the Costco cakes! You'll love it... my fave ever since I was a little girl was the butter cream roses ... that's why I"m still "round" like that little fella....

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-16, 4:06pm

If there really is cake at OT can I have a corner piece? I'm a frosting-freak, too! lol!

Old 2008-12-17, 12:16pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
If there really is cake at OT can I have a corner piece? I'm a frosting-freak, too! lol!
OMG!! I never met so many frosting freaks like me!! You know... there is also an Italian place in Bellwood that makes an out of this world canolli cake....... their frosting is pretty awsome too..... Which do you prefer, guys ? The calorie count is off the chart on either, so no need fooling anyone, LOL.

Oooo... Cassie! If you have any more of those copper head pins made, bring some, okay.

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-17, 3:24pm

If there are many more of us going to OT that like frosting that much, we're gonna need the bakery to add a tub of it to the order!

I absolutely will bring more headpins for you, Ofilia! If you need a specific amount, let me know and I'll be sure to bring as many as you need!

Old 2008-12-17, 3:31pm
Type ZZZ personality

I love Cannolis but I'd rather have regular cake.

mmmm.... cake...

Old 2008-12-17, 3:32pm
Fusing Glass

Oh no I may be out of state now!!!
Old 2008-12-17, 5:24pm

Wink

Quote:
I love Cannolis but I'd rather have regular cake.

mmmm.... cake...
But Patty... Lezza's cakes is a marriage of yellow cake AND cannolli filling!!! THEN they put yummy butter cream with pretty flowers all over it ... trust me... you'll all love this one!

So- how many candles do we need for you this year, Patty?

Ofilia

Old 2008-12-17, 5:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
Oh no I may be out of state now!!!
I guess next time I'll be PM'ing you for stuff instead of this time! It's not stuff I need any time soon... but I was going to ask you to bring stuff along to save shipping supplies! I'll absolutely ask next time, though... I need time to get better at lampworking first, anyway!

Old 2008-12-17, 6:58pm

Did everyone enjoy the snow, or should I say, is everyone enjoying the SNOW! got the whole kiln thing straightened out, 2 bad elements, made 14 paperweights yesterday and managed to get the hand torch set up on a knock off table and all the gas and o2 plumbed, as well as the pasterelli (sp)..plate set up.......now, bigger glory hole and a new oven to build next...... blew fractures today....they get repacked for the fusers.....96 stuff.......they explode like a shotgun!!! glass confetti from the sky!!!
I'm really excited, and can't wait for the 10th, as for cake I like the not so sweet cream cheese type frosting, or the Atomic Cakes from State line bakery, I cannot say how long its been since I've had a cannoli......mmmmm but I'm no one to stand in the way of Patti's B I R T H D A Y !!!! have you ever known a man to turn down Cake! think not !!! I'm in line too....LOL D

Old 2008-12-17, 7:17pm

Snow SUCKS! They didn't plow Valpo that I heard until late last night so we decided not to skate to Griffith. I was really looking forward to seeing what bead club was about but the deductible on my car insurance was hindering my curiosity too much. There's always next month... provided the street departments decide to plow/salt if the sky opens up on the next night they get together!

I don't think I've ever mentioned here that I hate snow and belong in a more tropical environment. Minus the big bugs, of course! I guess my refusal to wear a coat in 20-degree weather is a form of denial!

Old 2008-12-17, 9:59pm

Hi peeps... I may be able to make it on the 10th after all, but not quite sure yet. Will keep you posted!
Hugs
Jo