Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-04-18, 8:31pm
Lampworkaholic!

Those are adorable Hardalee! I will mail out your frit tomorrow.

Keep them coming, I have more frit to give away.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-04-18, 9:43pm

oops.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:39am

Okay, I finally got over thirty. These are big ones.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-04-19, 11:11am
Lampworkaholic!

Awesome. I love your cats and your bright colors. You should do a BOC tutorial.

Please let me know which 2 frit blends you would like from my Etsy Frit link below and they will go out tomorrow (just got back from post office and other errands and kiln is heating up).

OK, who else? Bring 'em.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-04-19, 11:33am

Thanks, Elizabeth. I'm working on a cat tutorial for Soda Lime Times now. Thanks for sponsoring such a great challenge. I love all of your frits. My favorites are Copacabana and Bluebonnet. I'll pm you with my address.

Old 2012-04-19, 2:13pm
Loving learning

Glowbead, I always love your BOC beads, and these are great!
Elizabeth, I'm working on it, I think I'm a bit over half way, more to come!
Old 2012-04-23, 9:58am
what's a senior moment ?

I'm just getting back to the torch after being off for about 6 weeks so am working on some big and bright ! Don't think I'll be able to do 30 by the end of the month but that's ok. I'm having fun just working with brights again.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Elizabeth, it's so generous of you to offer up the free frit !

Old 2012-04-23, 4:06pm

WOW!!! The kids will love all the beads shown!!! Yea for everyone participating!
Old 2012-04-24, 12:11pm

I got these done before going in for back surgery. is 30 the number we need? I'll have to dig some out of the boxes of beads. I like the cute ones from Soda Lime Times. Can't wait to do the mouse and cheese.
Attached Images

Old 2012-04-24, 12:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

30 is the magic number. Hope your surgery went well. I had back surgery in 1995, smartest thing I ever (finally) did, OK not counting having my kids and marrying my wonderful hubby.

Old 2012-04-25, 1:34am

Hi Liz, I donated 300 beads to BOC at the April Hottie's meeting. Diane fowarded me a pic of 30, but I'm image challenged
.....thanks so much for your generous offer of the free frit! You know I love it.
Pat, great beads! I hope your back surgery was as successful as mine back in 2001. One of the best things I ever did too. Recover well and you'll feel so much better!
Happy creating,
ginger
Old 2012-04-25, 5:58am
Lampworkaholic!

Ginger you can attach a picture by going to Advanced and selecting the paper clip icon. That will open a window where you can select the file where it is saved on your computer. Please take a look at my blends in my Frit shop link in my signature and let me know which two you would like.

Thanks for all you do for BOC!

Liz

Old 2012-04-25, 6:10am

I got my frit the other day. Thanks, Elizabeth. I can't wait to try it.

Old 2012-04-25, 6:27am
Loving learning

I've got 25 done this month, will finish up this weekend
Old 2012-04-25, 7:54am

It's a great thing that keeps me going. Thanks Liz....still trying to put my pic on here....this makes me feel so dense.
ginger
Old 2012-04-25, 8:00am

Thanks for the wishes Liz and Ginger. I had 24 staples removed yesterday and they really look like metal staples. haha. After living with crushed nerves since aug. I already feel like a new girl. I'll be interested to see if all that fusion interferes with torching when I can.
I'm happy my dd was able to get a large box off to BOC in feb before leaving for home. I hadn't realized how they needed them so much. Can't wait to make those cute mouses.
So sweet of you to do this, Liz
Old 2012-04-26, 2:15am

Hey Pat,
I'm surprised that they're still using those as I had some about 20 yrs ago. Make sure you take breaks when you torch and try to get your workbench, etc. set up as ergonomically as possible. I highly rec. getting an Aaron chair. Free delivery from
. You buy the chair according to your ht. & weight and they are highly adjustable. They aren't cheap, but you only have one back.
All the best,
ginger
Old 2012-04-26, 2:22am

Hi Liz,
If you can't give out your ltd. edition blends, just let me know, other wise I'd like Metamorphosis and boysenberry or Medowlands. Your choice as you know how much you have and I don't.
Thanks for helping BOC!
ginger
Old 2012-04-26, 8:15pm

Thanks Ginger, I'll look into it. You are right we have to take care of the back we have.
Old 2012-04-27, 5:18am
what's a senior moment ?

Default Pictures - More to come !

So far, this is what I have. Some I just found, the butterflies I made about two months or so ago and the big, bright beads are what I've been working on this week & there are 13 of those. I'm still working on more of those so not done yet.

These, plus the ones I make between now and the 1st will be sent on the 1st. I measured a few of the big beads (long ones) and they're coming it at between 1 1/2" up to about 3 1/2" give or take. lol ! I LOVE making jumbo beads ! I hope the kids will like them all.
Can I say, I'm having a BALL making beads for these kids.

Old 2012-04-27, 7:42pm
Lampworkaholic!

Ginger I will mail them to you next week.

Debbie great beads, please let me know which two blends you would like.

Just a few days left .. Keep them coming!

Old 2012-04-27, 8:06pm
Loving learning

I just have to get the last of them off the mandrels.
I'll be gone tomorrow, so Sunday I should be able to post a picture.
Old 2012-04-28, 4:59am

Beautiful beads, Debbie and Pat!

Old 2012-04-28, 7:16am
BeadsonCypress

All the beads here are so cute!!! Unfortunately I have the worse stringer control ever and due to vision limitations all I can make are organic style beads. Could they be donated too? I would be happy to send a large number of orphans it that would be OK>....Susan

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2012-04-28, 7:53am

Quote:
All the beads here are so cute!!! Unfortunately I have the worse stringer control ever and due to vision limitations all I can make are organic style beads. Could they be donated too? I would be happy to send a large number of orphans it that would be OK>....Susan
Organic is great! Read the sticky on donation guidelines (no silver glass, etc.) I'm sure your orphans would be greatly appreciated.

Old 2012-04-28, 10:04am
what's a senior moment ?

Thanks for the compliment Elizabeth & Glo. Much appreciated.
I just hope the kids like them.
Added a few more from yesterday at the torch. Am taking today to work in the yard.

Last edited by dla; 2012-04-28 at 10:06am.
Old 2012-04-29, 8:27am
Loving learning

Debbie those are wonderful!

I have my 30 plus a few extras I'll be mailing tomorrow. This is most of them:

Mine aren't nearly as bright & cheerful, I'll be working on that I think.
Old 2012-04-29, 8:31am

Very nice, Eileen! Love that tabby cat at the top, especially.

Old 2012-04-29, 8:34am
Loving learning

He turned into one of those tummy dragging cats when I wasn't watching, but I've known cats like that so left it, LOL.
Old 2012-04-29, 9:35am
Lampworkaholic!

Lovely Eileen. Please let me know which two of my blends you would like. I will be mailing all frit on Monday. On my way home from California now.

Liz