Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-11-25, 5:30pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I know, I dont want marks on the floor, I have lots of burn marks on the table already!

I will think of something, but right now I dont torch a lot, focus on making jewelry only. Next year I will start getting very serious on lampworking, so I have to come up with something, maybe an area rug.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-26, 10:32am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

A rug would also be dangerous unless it is a hearth rug which are fire-resistant.

Old 2005-11-26, 11:35am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Hi Debbie, thank you for the tip, yes, I will find something that is fire resistant.

Old 2005-11-27, 9:03pm
Fight glass with FIRE

I'm happy to see another canadian setting up a nice little company and has a nice setup to torch in. From the pictures its a really sweet looking corner studio thats simple and functional. I give you my best and hope you have great success with your new studio.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2005-11-27, 9:40pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thank you so much!
All the best to you too.
PS: I cant wait to check out the site for the grand opening.

Old 2005-11-27, 10:40pm
Fight glass with FIRE

you can already check out the site for the prices on the glass even before the opening.The only thing that I have blocked it the send button on the order form. If you would like a price list to keep at home just write to me at emmanuel@morettiglasscanada.com and I'll send you one that you can print out

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2005-11-28, 5:14am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I think I already have your price list, I emailed and ask for Rubino? But I'm wondering about the shipping fees, is not specify yet. Will it be, soon?

Old 2005-11-28, 8:27pm
Fight glass with FIRE

well we did specify the shipping fees and its the rate that we are charged and there is no two rates alike. We don't charge extra on shipping and I keep all cost out in the open such as handling charges. A lot of places just keep most charges hidden everywhere but like it is stated on the website every handling charge is different we charge only the materials used and calculated per inch etc to keep it to a minimum. Shipping is canada post insured for up to $100(at no extra charge) unless you specify your own favorite tranportation egfedex,dhl,ups) etc etc. If you want you can e-mail me a approximate weight for an order that you might place with the address and I can quote you on the shipping.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2005-11-30, 6:55am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I just bought quite a lot of first batch of rods when I bought my lampwork tools. I went crazy. I will email after holiday tho, to at least get an idea of the shipping fees. Thank you!

Old 2005-11-30, 8:00am
Fight glass with FIRE

No problem we'll be glad to help you out the best we can when you need to order more. I'm guessing that for you to get a worthwhile shipping you'd have to order over 2lbs the shipping changes at 5lbs if I'm not mistaken. As we ship more and more once we open tomorrow we'll get a good idea how to save you more$$$ on shipping

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2005-11-30, 3:20pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Great, thank you!

Old 2006-01-01, 12:42am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Bumping this for someone.

Old 2006-01-02, 7:44pm

I have wood floors also, and bought 2 four feet sheets of copper to put under my table and have had great results plus it looks nice
Old 2006-01-02, 8:18pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

That's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind. Thank you sweetie!

Old 2006-02-04, 11:13pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Bump need to get reference pics.

Old 2006-06-15, 9:11pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Bump again for my friend Renee..

Old 2006-06-15, 10:43pm

Thanks, Sweetie!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2006-07-02, 5:56pm

You can also buy an inexpensive welding blanket (Harbor Freight) for about $20 and lay on the floor beneath your table. It is not pretty - it actually looks like canvas, but it will save your floor. I use one under my table over carpet and clean bits of glass up periodically even thought I don't alway notice when it pops. I'm loving your table and hood set-up. I use an IKEA table too but yours is far better. Great studio. I'm envious of the space!
Old 2006-09-04, 5:15pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thank you BleuMoon!

Old 2006-09-05, 10:54am

Default Power for range hood

Hi,

I absolutely love your set up. I have 2 questions about your range hood.

1) how is it powered? Does it plugg into a wall outlet or do you have to do some sort of wiring?

2) how many cfms is it?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

WAJ
Old 2006-09-14, 6:13am
Too Hot for my Torch

Um getting an oxy concentrator do I need a guage to go on that?
The day we understand; everything that's going on, everything we're doing, and all that has come before; will most likely be the day we die. Otherwise we'll tell the world and then what will people do with their free time?
Old 2007-01-28, 8:44pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by waj View Post
Hi,

I absolutely love your set up. I have 2 questions about your range hood.

1) how is it powered? Does it plugg into a wall outlet or do you have to do some sort of wiring?

2) how many cfms is it?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

WAJ
OMG! I never went back to this thread, sorry WAJ!

1) My range hood plug to the wall.

2). I have no idea what cfms is, I will ask my husband and maybe get back to you via PM.

Thank you!

Old 2007-01-28, 8:46pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflykat51 View Post
Um getting an oxy concentrator do I need a guage to go on that?
HI Fireflykat!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. (Forgive my English ) I hope this help tho, My Oxy xoncentrator just plug to the wall and thats it.

Old 2007-01-29, 7:34am

I love your studio!! It's wonderful!! Looks like you're in an old home like we are.

I am currently setting up my studio in our sunroom my DH just finished. I noticed you had a drawer unit I've been eyeballing in the Ikea catalog-it's the white drawers that are next to your computer desk. How do you like it? Does it work well? Give you much storage? I'm needing a couple of storage units for under my metals bench...

The floor covering issue someone mentioned before-I just bought one of those plasticy things you put under computer rolling chairs (you know what I mean? from an office store) I know it would still get a melty spot but will provide protection to my wood floors.

Can't wait to be able to finally post the pic of my studio one of these days!! You've got me remotivated!!
Amanda
Old 2007-01-29, 6:02pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Yay Amanda, thank you for letting me know, I'm happy I re-motivated you.

Yeah the IKEA metal drawer thingy, is great. I keep most of my gemstones/jewelry items there, I got cheap plastic boxes from Dollar store to put inside the drawer (I took off its lids).

I use it more for jewelry stuff tho, if you only do lampworking, its good for tools, frits, even your glass rods, but for me personally, I like to keep my glass rods in sight, not kept in the closed drawer.

Good luck sweetie! Any questions, just post again! (((hugs))), Oh, please post pictures when your new studio done!

Old 2007-01-29, 8:19pm

Oh- I meant to ask where you found your photo box?
Going to get the metal cart thing-looks really nice!
Amanda
Old 2007-01-29, 10:48pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I got my photobox on Ebay, got it cheaper by bidding (I kept on telling people this ), cause the retail price is about $60.00 something bucks, (its the large size). But if you are patient, just bid on the auctions, they ahve auction ending daily, I set up my budget to under $ 30.00 and when ts over my budget, I just watch another one, I think I got mine for $ 25.00!

Here's the link to the Ebay store. Its one of my favorite store, they have great quality items! Good luck and keep in touch! If you have more questions, post away! ((hugs)).

Hm.. They dont have the kind I bought.. This is what they have on auction for now:

Photo Cubes

Light Tent

I'll go search for the kind I bought and I'll be back.

Old 2007-01-30, 12:17am
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Okay, just do a search on Ebay with keywords like: "light cube" or "light tent" or "photo cube".

Amvona dont have that kind anymore, too bad, thats the kind I would recommend. For the ligting, you can use any light basically, I use to use table lamp before. And its okay, just use the white balance on your camera when taking pics.

Any question post again, okay?

Old 2007-01-30, 11:35am
William Hagy

That is one nifty,clean set-up you have there....nice clean & efficient!!

~I like

~W~
Old 2007-01-30, 5:11pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

Thank you Will! (((hugs)))