Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-01-10, 9:20am

Default Seeking submissions for the 2014 Beads of Courage eBook

Hi everyone, Hot Glass for Cool Kids, an eBook with 20 tutorials for beads suitable for Beads of Courage, has raised almost $14,000 for BOC, so I want to do another one this year. It will be available in the summer, and we'll even have it on CD at the Gathering.

If you have an idea for a tutorial you would like to submit for the book, please send me PM or email me at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All bead designs must be for durable beads that will stand up under the extra "love" children give them. No silver glass unless it is encased. No "sticky out" parts. The design doesn't have to be just for children; it can be simply a bright and cheerful design children would like.

Thanks so much for contacting me. I'm excited to see what you have to offer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-10, 10:44am
Queen Bee

What a great and awesome thing to do - can't wait! You rock Diane!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2014-01-10, 10:48am

Thanks Donna. I just sort of put the puzzle pieces together. The artists who do the tutorials do most of the heavy lifting!

I am just so happy to be able to do this again this year. BOC is one of those organizations that uses their money wisely and does so much with so little. Every penny we raise for them means more beads they can buy and thus more hospitals they can bring into the program.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-01-10, 11:52am
Lampworkaholic!

I'd be happy to do another one unless you'd rather have different artists. Maybe my "painted fish" beads?
Attached Images

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2014-01-10, 1:49pm

That's a darling bead Elizabeth .. I would *love* a tutorial for that!

Thanks so much Diane for all you do for Beads of Courage!
Old 2014-01-10, 7:40pm

Hi Liz, yes please message me. I'd love t include your work again this year. And that fish is delightful!

Old 2014-01-10, 8:52pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Is there a link to the current BOC Ebook? Somehow I missed this entire project....I would at least purchase the Ebook and think if I make anything that would be suitable for a tut submission.

Old 2014-01-10, 10:31pm

Sorry Lynn, I should have included it. Here it is and it is just full of great tutorials.

Old 2014-01-11, 10:14pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I am working on a sock monkey face that should work for BOC..will pm you later, Diane. PS: I just went to your Etsy. You might want to check on your tuts.
Some are on sale and the same one is not!! I am confused enough without you playing tricks on me!!! LOL

Last edited by pittypat; 2014-01-11 at 10:16pm.
Old 2014-01-11, 11:05pm

Thanks Pat. Can't wait to see the monkey. And thanks on the heads up on Etsy. I'll check it out.

Old 2014-01-12, 4:43pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Thanks! My good friend, Julie, is no working in Tucson and will be involved with BOC.....fun connection!

Quote:
Sorry Lynn, I should have included it. Here it is and it is just full of great tutorials.

Old 2014-01-12, 7:44pm

That's great Lynn. BOC is such a wonderful group!

Old 2014-01-12, 9:13pm

I'm so glad I saw this post - I didn't know about the BOC book that's out now, just got it! Great stuff - wonderful that you can put this together Diane, and great purpose in sharing such creatable goodies to support the BOC children. Kind regards - Heather in Tucson
Old 2014-01-12, 10:32pm

Thanks so much Heather. You got us one copy closer to the $14,000 mark. Just three more sales and we'll have it! The wonderful thing about the eBooks are that the money goes to such a worthy cause and then all the beads that are generated go to BOC as well. I'm so excited about the new edition which will be ready by the time the Gathering starts this coming summer.

Old 2014-01-16, 9:47pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Just purchased through PayPal....doesn't work to download and open on iPad....can you email or set me up to download as I do the monthly publication??

Quote:

Old 2014-01-16, 10:42pm

Hi Lynn, I just sent you a link via email. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you tonight through e-junkie, but the link I sent should work fine.

Hope you enjoy it!

Diane

Old 2014-01-17, 6:29am
Queen Bee

Just got my copy - how fun! Thanks Diane for all of your work for BOC

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2014-01-17, 9:12am

Thanks so much Donna! We are ONE copy away from 700 copies sold! I'm about to bust my buttons.

Old 2014-01-17, 4:12pm

Just got a copy so now you have at least 700!. Congratulations.

Georgia
Old 2014-01-17, 6:15pm

Yes Georgia, you are #700! Thanks you so much for helping us reach another milestone of $14,000. Now we're aiming for $15,000.

Old 2014-01-17, 9:56pm
Got Honey?

Wonderful! Can't wait for the new one to come out! I made so many beads for BOC from the last one!!

Old 2014-01-18, 8:06pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Hi Diane, when do you need ideas by? I'm working on a few things.
Sue

Old 2014-01-18, 8:56pm

Thanks so much Lezlie. Sue, I'd like your ideas as soon as possible as I'm trying to get the photos and text for the tutorials by April 1st. That isn't written in stone, but if you have an idea, even if you don't have a bead to show, I'd love to hear about it. You can PM me.

Old 2014-03-22, 8:49am

I just got mine. Looks like fun! Gotta stock up for Houston!

Linda