Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-03-18, 2:19pm

Default Work in progress

Well it's starting to come together and almost looks like what I had in mind when I sketched it out. The place still looks like a tornado ran through there but it won't be long before the flame will be burning and glass will be melting.
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-18, 6:10pm
grama punky - class junky

How exciting! congrats. new studios are so much fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-18, 7:26pm
Curmudgeon Engineering

Lookin good!
Old 2012-03-26, 1:06am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Love your toolbox bases - most of my glass is stored in something similar until I get moved into my new barn, and it's turned out to work really well! And I can't WAIT to have pegboard - definitely a personal favorite storage solution for me! Looks like it's going to be a great space!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

Old 2012-03-27, 7:15am
Breaks Things

I love that you have the VERY NECESSARY ESSENTIALS all in the first go:

1) Music!
2) Fridge for the beer!
3) Bluebird - they are great kilns

Let us see more as you progress,
Hardalee

Old 2012-03-27, 2:14pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardalee View Post
I love that you have the VERY NECESSARY ESSENTIALS all in the first go:

1) Music!
2) Fridge for the beer!
3) Bluebird - they are great kilns

Let us see more as you progress,
Hardalee
Auuuggghhhhh!!! Beer and hot glass in the same space. OUCH OUCH OUCH!

Not as bad as one of the gun clubs I was working a match at, where people shot skeet with open beers in their ammo tray, but dayum....

L-111

Old 2012-03-28, 6:00am

I should be done with the build today and my oxycon will be here Friday. I can't wait to get back to making beads, the only one more excited than me is my wife.
Old 2012-03-28, 6:28am
Lampworkaholic!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-03-28, 11:41am

It's all done all I am waiting for is my Oxycon which will be here on Friday and I can start melting glass Woo Hoo !!! The first picture is what the space really looks like the second one I had a little fun with processing and went way overboard on the HDR look but in my minds eye that's kind of how I see it especially with Robin Trower playing in the background.
Attached Images

Old 2012-03-28, 4:48pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Um... I think you should skip the glass, just do photography. That is freaking awesome. And I LOVE that you printed and put up the picture of your rods.

L-111

Old 2012-03-28, 4:57pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bar View Post
It's all done all I am waiting for is my Oxycon which will be here on Friday and I can start melting glass Woo Hoo !!! The first picture is what the space really looks like the second one I had a little fun with processing and went way overboard on the HDR look but in my minds eye that's kind of how I see it especially with Robin Trower playing in the background.
It looks awesome and I saw ROBIN TROWER. YES. In City Dreams, Bridge of Sighs.........dude. I thought I was like the only fan left, lol.

Old 2012-03-28, 5:31pm

eregel, thanks for the complement on my photography it is one of my passions along with glass, guitars and bicycles. If you are interested you can see more of my photography at my website www.fatherseyesphotography.zenfolio.com

alb6094 You are not the only one left I am a vintage (old) rock and roller sill rocking to the likes of Robin Trower, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep .... And the list goes on.
Old 2012-03-28, 5:40pm

That is great!!! congrats!
Old 2012-04-01, 8:50am

Holy crap your photo's on your web site are beautiful. go to the link everyone.

Nice space to melt in.

Old 2012-04-01, 11:41am

Deb, I am glad you enjoyed my photos it means a lot when a fellow artist likes what you do. I checked out your Facebook page and WOW that is some incredible glass you have there.

SRA R-143
It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... Oria Mountain Dreamer
My ETSY Shop
Old 2012-04-01, 11:53am

Your welcome do you take photos for National Geographic or something? Thanks for checking out my face book page. Did you check that marble 'Beauty and the Beast'? I donated it to the auction for Chris Vargos. He is a fellow glass melter on LE here that got his torch and tools stolen. The current bid is 100.00 dollars so exciting. I have never offered my stuff in an auction like this before so I am surprised that it is going up so high and fast.