LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-29, 12:53pm
N2Beadz

Geez, here you all go again. Just when it looks like the U thing may be getting taken care of another bum finds their way into the lampwork community.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-29, 12:53pm

How can you reverse the payments on purchases where the items have already been delivered (sucessfully) to the purchaser? That just seems wrong....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-01-29, 12:55pm
I need more boro stuff

On what reason did they give to paypal for chargeback?

Old 2010-01-29, 1:00pm
Hello?

OK I was reading the other thread and the name just kept sounding so familiar to me. So I went looking through my emails. Yep, they made a pretty large purchase from me last week on our website. Paid with an Echeck which failed to clear twice.

I don't send packages on echecks unless I know the person.

Old 2010-01-29, 1:15pm
Give to receive...simple.

Angry

I'm disgusted!

Question, is this person a beadmaker or is he she going to use the tutorial to resell? If a beadmaker maybe there is a way to find her/him... I'm not as good as some of you guys at investigating....maybe there is a lead there if the person is a lampworker..

I'm sorry for the people that took a loss..I hope it can be reversed..

Hugs xx

Old 2010-01-29, 1:23pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgslampwork View Post
Ummm - look at this article:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/loc...242221113.html

The Police dude's name is Brent Curran (not Ron) and his wife's name is Malia (different last name). Doesn't *seem* like the person mentioned in this article for passing *A* bad check is the same as the person who is stealing tutorials. Now maybe the thief is related to the police chief - same last name (and I'd still call the local police department to her area)...but I think folks need to be carfeul in internet sleuthing as to not involve folks who are not involved.

That's all...
Check out the comment on the bottom of the article from CaptnRon, in support of the police chief.

Last edited by pierces*designs; 2010-01-29 at 1:39pm.
Old 2010-01-29, 1:51pm
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

I'm wondering what the person is going to do with all of the tutorials? Mass production/write a book/sell to China???? Is there a black market for lampworking tutorials?

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-01-29, 2:04pm
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
My guess is Captain Ron is actually the wife (defending him in the article comment) and since she is the check bounce/felon it is she that is doing the ordering. If the husband still has a job, my guess is that one more incident by the wife will put his employment situation over the top.
I made that connection, Debbie - I was responding to theories like the one above.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-01-29, 2:34pm
Queen Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
They are member of LE and are reading out threads:
Yep, she was on the list today at 12:29 - WTF. Does she know we have lawyers and prosecute?

Let's start posting all the calls to the police,newspaper, paypal, etc so she can see - are you listening honey??? You picked the wrong group to mess with!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2010-01-29, 2:53pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

cheryl curran has malia curran, brent curran and ron smith in her friends list on facebook.

Old 2010-01-29, 2:55pm

I know of a glass dealer that got hit too. Not sure if it is the same guy. YEP it is! This dealer got hit hard!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-01-29, 3:02pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Please direct them to the police, papers, Attorney General.

Police, at a district level. This is abuse.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:09pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

$520.94 total here!

Well, shit, I can't read this thread right now because I am crying again. This picture says it all on my paypal account this morning.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:15pm
Tweedle Dumb

Jamey, those are tangible items. If you have proof of shipment you should have some recourse with that.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-01-29, 3:16pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Omg hon...........this is horrible. I am so sorry..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameyLynn View Post
$520.94 total here!

Well, shit, I can't read this thread right now because I am crying again. This picture says it all on my paypal account this morning.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:16pm

call the police in that area. Now.
Old 2010-01-29, 3:18pm
Critter Mom

Wholy Crap !! The police definitely need to be involved.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:19pm
Jacqueline Parkes

This whole thread makes me sick to my stomach. The police do need to be called STAT.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:26pm

I understand that there is not much of a police force in that town...

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-01-29, 3:27pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

I did call the police down there this morning. He told me to call the police in my city first, which I did, they are going to come out sometime today and take a report.

The reason they are able to get their funds back is because they were only "partially elligable" on paypal for seller protection, so when a echeck bounces back, sellers are not protected.

The reason why I did not see that they paid with an echeck is because they have put a credit card on their paypal account, so their echecks are "backed up" by the credit card and payment is supposed to be instant. Well, it is instant, until the check bounces for the 2nd time 2 weeks later.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:28pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
Jamey, those are tangible items. If you have proof of shipment you should have some recourse with that.
After my police report is filed I will be going to the post office and filing mail fraud charges.

Old 2010-01-29, 3:40pm

I found this online:
Police Impersonator, using the name Ronald Smith Sr,
http://www.consumerfraudreporting.or...tmessenger.php

Old 2010-01-29, 3:42pm
Present tense

Quote:
After my police report is filed I will be going to the post office and filing mail fraud charges.
And file a complaint here too:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

If you get no joy from your or their local law enforcement, go to the state level.

That's bull, and a lot of money. File everywhere you can. PP's shady rules that got them their money back doesn't make it not fraud, and you need to get YOUR money back.

Sorry you're even having to go through this though..

|
|

- non-glassy de-stash (shoes, books, yarn, Coach)
Old 2010-01-29, 3:43pm

that $500 thing makes it a felony in Missouri-just for you. It also looks like all of the thefts could be added together as "one scheme or course of conduct". As the dollar value goes up, so do the legal penalties

Chapter 570 of the Missouri Revised Statutes. Google it.

Did you tell the cops in their town that it was for over $500?
Old 2010-01-29, 3:48pm

Jameylynn,
was this one purchase or is this a chargeback on several different purchases???

Old 2010-01-29, 3:48pm
Capp'in Fool

Oh my.....Jamie I'm so sorry you were hit so hard... I know it won't help but ((Hugs))) anyways!

Old 2010-01-29, 3:51pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
I did call the police down there this morning. He told me to call the police in my city first, which I did, they are going to come out sometime today and take a report.

The reason they are able to get their funds back is because they were only "partially elligable" on paypal for seller protection, so when a echeck bounces back, sellers are not protected.

The reason why I did not see that they paid with an echeck is because they have put a credit card on their paypal account, so their echecks are "backed up" by the credit card and payment is supposed to be instant. Well, it is instant, until the check bounces for the 2nd time 2 weeks later.
Jamey, who did you speak to in that town??

Old 2010-01-29, 4:06pm
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
cheryl curran has malia curran, brent curran and ron smith in her friends list on facebook.
Ok - if I told people what CROOKS several people in my family were I'd HOPE they'd not take me for the same. All I'm saying is that article talks about one woman who passed one bad check -- with a completely different name from the PayPaler(s).

I do agree there's likely a relation between the people. And it MIGHT be the same person using an alias - sure. But one bad check does not make a thief and I hate to think of people going after someone or making assumptions on a person that are just not true. I'd still hope for floods of phone calls to the local police station there. Just keep saying Cheryl Curran even if they will not take the report - get her name out in the call. If there are enough calls and they ARE related to the Police Chief he might put some fire under them when a buzz starts at his place of employment.

I did point in my last response to the specific post I was referring to - saying folks should be careful with their theories. That's all.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-01-29, 4:10pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgslampwork View Post
Ok - if I told people what CROOKS several people in my family were I'd HOPE they'd not take me for the same. All I'm saying is that article talks about one woman who passed one bad check -- with a completely different name from the PayPaler(s).

I do agree there's likely a relation between the people. And it MIGHT be the same person using an alias - sure. But one bad check does not make a thief and I hate to think of people going after someone or making assumptions on a person that are just not true. I'd still hope for floods of phone calls to the local police station there. Just keep saying Cheryl Curran even if they will not take the report - get her name out in the call. If there are enough calls and they ARE related to the Police Chief he might put some fire under them when a buzz starts at his place of employment.

I did point in my last response to the specific post I was referring to - saying folks should be careful with their theories. That's all.
Oh no, I wasn't making a point about your post. I was just doing some snooping. captnron03@yahoo.com search in facebook brings up the person attached to brent curran and cheryl curran.

Old 2010-01-29, 4:16pm
the Evil One

Oh JameyLynn I'm so sorry. You really don't deserve this!!!!!!!
[[[[[HUGS]]]]]