Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-04-29, 9:21am
Farewell promises nothing

Default Protocol question for donating beads from other artists... Looking for opinions

I am currently destashing my life as I am looking at the possibility of moving to a much more remote area and can't take it all with me. I have a HUGE collection of beads that I have collected from other artists through exchanges and visiting. I was thinking of going through the collection and keeping my favourite from each artist and donating the rest to BoC as I know that they will be loved even more by the kids than they are by me.

I am looking for opinions on both the BoC side and the Artists side:

BoC: The beads *should* all be annealed. Because I did not make them, I cannot guarantee this. I would not send any that are excessively delicate, but is it okay if they have holes of varying orientation and varying sizes?

Artists: Almost every bead is labelled with at minimum a name or LE name. Many have business cards or contact information attached. I can send them to BoC with or without the credit to the artist. There are approximately 200 artists represented in my collection, so it's impractical to contact every single one to ask permission.
Old 2011-04-30, 2:35pm
Sparkle Strumpet

You don't need anyone's permission because you are dealing with your own personal property...those beads are yours....if donating them suits you, then it's perfectly OK.

I think it's a good idea....

Kindle Edition by Laurie Byrne-Smith
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-30, 2:40pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

i agree, they are yours to do what ever you wish with them. And I cant think of any better purpose for them than BoC.
Old 2011-04-30, 4:54pm

Thanks guys. Between this and the support in the Bathroom thread, I will be donating them to BoC. I'll post some pics here first, most are from LE people from between six and three years ago... Could you recognize your beads from then?...
Old 2011-04-30, 4:58pm
Loving learning

None of them being mine, I still will say that if they were I'd be honored to know that a child was getting some comfort from them. Bless you for sharing your bead collection with BOC.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:50pm
Obsessed Blogger

How generous of you! Thank you, from all of BOC!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
Old 2011-05-04, 5:05am
Gimme that silver glass!

I agree, this is such a wonderful gesture, I'd say just go ahead!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2011-05-04, 11:04pm

Thanks everyone!

Lori : I'm on a job hunting road trip across western Canada right now. I will go through them and mail the appropriate ones when I get home in a few weeks.