No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-07-25, 6:04pm
Formerly Fancypants

Default Camper Roof

OK here is the problem that I hope someone here can help me with.

My DH purchased a 32' camper trailer for me to use as a stained glass and bead studio.

Needs loads of work, he is gutting the inside and putting new floors in, they are rotted here and there through most of the trailer. He will be taking the walls out since they are in really bad shape, I will be keeping all the closets and cabinets for storage.

The outside of the trailer is beautiful, but I am needing to find out how to repair the roof, it really needs something done to it, the whole roof, it had leaked in a couple of spots over time.

This is a beautiful trailer on the outside, but the roof is my main concern.

Any suggestions please that won't cost an arm and a leg?

If I can figure how to send a picture of this I would put it on.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-25, 6:57pm
Gentleman of Leisure

There are products for roof repairs used a lot on older mobile homes with metal roofs.... Its a compound that is painted on the joints... Any area that looks corroded through should probably be removed and new piece of sheet metal used to replace it... But basically any brush on roof sealer for metal roofs will probably do job if roof is not in real bad shape and any repairs and prep is done correctly... Think more along lines of sealers than paints...

http://www.google.com/search?q=metal...w=1024&bih=672

I would just try to stay from the ugly black coatings and use silver or white products....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-07-27 at 6:56am.
Old 2011-07-26, 11:34pm
Formerly Fancypants

Thanks for the information Dale, my DH ordered 3 or 4 gals, Now to get the inside tore out.

Old 2011-07-27, 8:13am
Formerly Fancypants

I have another question if someone can help me on venting. Is it possible to vent out of one of those air flap thingies on the roof, which will be up to the ceiling and over behind where I will be using the torch. I won't be in the used to be kitchen area, which I could have used the vent above the stove, my torching area will be in the used to be livingroom area. There are two nice size windows there so I want to use that light for my bead work. Anyone who can give me some advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 2011-07-28, 7:55am
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

yep, you can use anything that vents outside.

Mike

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.
Old 2011-07-28, 10:23am
Curmudgeon Engineering

There was a young man some months ago who built a mobile studio in a trailer. He was able to construct a venting system from his bench to an overhead 'popup' trailer vent that worked well. I would recommend a 'Fantastic Fan' I think they're called that is sold in places like Camper World for about $145.00 It can be mounted in place of a normal passive trailer vent. It will move a lot more air than you'll ever need but that can be a benefit as you get some cooling also. I put one in my trailer and it is "fantastic".

Last edited by cheng076; 2011-07-28 at 10:29am.
Old 2011-07-28, 2:49pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Just remember you capture device (hood) and some sort of ducting...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal