Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-24, 8:09pm

Default Looking for Lime

I have seen a lot of beads with a lime green and I was wondering what COE104 are people getting the best results from. I have tried encasing an opaque etc, but moretti greens dont seem to do it. I must be missing something. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 2008-08-24, 8:14pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

I think pea green is more of a lime green, unless your looking for something REALLY bright? Hmmm.. unless your looking for something more of a lighter pea green...now you got me thinking.. I'll see what I can come up with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2008-08-24, 8:20pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Maybe ephelba unique by CiM. I might have that out in the garage. I'll check for you tomorrow.

*+.+*
Old 2008-08-24, 8:35pm

Default Lime

Like in some of Corina's beads...I tried to attach a pick put I am not sure how to do it for this post.
Attached Images

Old 2008-08-24, 9:33pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

That looks like pea green to me and the transparent light green. I could be mistaken though, but thats what it looks like on my screen.

*+.+*
Old 2008-08-24, 11:22pm
One Crazy Mama

pea green for the opaque color and is it grass green for the transparent?

Old 2008-08-24, 11:50pm
Sheila

The transparent looks like green yellow to me. But the new green apple is slightly brighter. I compared the two this weekend at Frantz, and I thought yellow green was slightly olive, and apple green is just like Granny Smith apples.

Last edited by beadworkstudio; 2008-08-24 at 11:52pm.
Old 2008-08-25, 4:41am
Wonderland sounds fun...

Are those new colors? I just put in a big order at Sundance and didn't notice them. Otherwise, I'd have less money in my pocket.

*+.+*
Old 2008-08-25, 5:50am

If you want REALLY neon (which is NOT the color on those beads) the old ASK neon green is bright, bright, bright.
A darker bright green is the odd (and hard-to-find) parrot green. Key-lime green is bright too (and another hard-to-find odd )
But, what Sondra/Coyote's Family said--the pea green/grass green transparent is what's likely on that set--'cause I'm fairly sure that's a considerably older set of Corina's, yes? (like, 4 or 5 years ago?? before most of those colors were out)
~luna

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-08-25, 5:54am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Doesn't uranium yellow also have a bright greenish tint to it? I've never melted it but the rods seen to look that way to me.
Old 2008-08-25, 7:48am

I like grass green for lime. These are grass green on opal yellow:

ETA: oops!! I just looked at those beads again and it was grass green over pea green, not opal yellow.

Last edited by Judi_B; 2008-08-25 at 3:09pm.
Old 2008-08-25, 10:36am
geekitude on two wheels

Corina is pretty open with her info - I'd email her and ask
Old 2008-08-25, 10:54am
Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBeth View Post
Are those new colors? I just put in a big order at Sundance and didn't notice them. Otherwise, I'd have less money in my pocket.
Apple green is new, but yellow green has been around for a long time. I love yellow green. It looks just like beach glass if you tumble etch it.

Old 2008-08-25, 11:59am
Carpe Beadum

Lime is one of those colors that has a couple meanings - did you want the color of a lime or the clothing color traditionally called lime?

If you want more of the clothing color, I made a stringer of transparant emerald green over opaque grass green and it looked pretty neon.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung
Old 2008-08-25, 1:59pm
Lover of all things color

WOW!!! Judi, that is lime green. Love that color. I'm going to have to try that. I was going to say Kiwi is a really good mix of greens but yours is great.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-08-25, 3:08pm

oops!! I just looked at those beads again and it was medium grass green (022) over pea green, not opal yellow.
Thank you Jan.

Last edited by Judi_B; 2008-08-25 at 4:01pm. Reason: clarification on the grass green
Old 2008-08-25, 3:13pm
Looking for my waistline

The transparent is probably light grass green transparent. Unfortunately, the last two batches of light grass transparent that I've purchased looked NOTHING like light grass...it was more like something between light emerald and medium grass. I was totally disappointed with the color. If you have light grass transparent and it looks dark and not like a light peridot color, you probably have the off-color batch.
Old 2008-08-25, 3:40pm
Lover of all things color

Thanks Judi, I'll have to try it.

I found out something else interesting about the lt. grass green, you can use it after you have burn in silver leaf and where ever you put it will spread the silver out. It acts much like the light trans turquoise in that respect.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-08-25, 3:40pm

I agree chuckie - I ordered that green twice because I was sure I must have ordered the wrong color.!!

Old 2008-08-27, 9:48am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Hi Guys,

Do you mean this color?

This was moretti emarald pale.
Astrid

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2008-08-27, 9:59am
Looking for my waistline

Pale Emerald Green is 031, the Yellow Green is 071 and is a lot more yellow than the 031.