LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-22, 9:30pm

Default Please post your pics of beads made with Red Roof Tile!

Does anyone have any pics of beads made with this color? I'm thinking about buying it, but the pancake doesn't look so good. The pancake looks like a dense orange surrounded by yellow and not very appealing. I know you can't always go by what the pancake looks like on the website, and I have heard this is a very pretty color. So please, can anyone tell me about this color or kind of describe what it REALLY looks like? Thanks

Yes thanks Jessica.........which one is the prettiest, the machine made or hand made?

Last edited by Jammy; 2008-09-22 at 9:44pm.
Old 2008-09-22, 9:38pm

do be aware (and aI don't have the pics for this right now- sorry) that there is handmade and machine made red roof right now - so you may want to note which one you are showing pics of!
:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------
Make Beads:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-09-23, 3:20am

These are all handmade Red Roof Tile and Red Roof Tile Ocher. The rods you described sound like Red Roof Tile Ocher.

RRT-Ocher

RRT
Old 2008-09-23, 6:45am

Judi - I love them!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-09-23, 7:08am

Thank you!
Old 2008-09-23, 7:21am
Facebook addict

Seems there were two batches and the first was the prettiest, IMO. The second looked more like baby poo. LOL
Both of these have RRT.

Pretty beads Judi!

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2008-09-23, 11:56am

OOOOOO!!! Pretty beads, all!!!
Mary T.

Old 2008-09-23, 8:02pm

Judy and Teri, the beads are gorgeous. The color is completely different than what I had pictured. But it is gorgeous. Thanks!
Old 2008-09-24, 9:51am

RRT plays nicely with silvered glass, too (thanks Kathe Nagy for that tip!) I need to shoot my RRT plus Zeus bead to show you what I mean.... the TAG Zeus is transparent in the rod, but once you reduce it and then strike it over RRT it goes a pretty fuchsia and purple!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid