Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-06-29, 1:38am
Alaska Boro

It would be nice to see the fill rate for the Phillips 3K PSI system. Maybe in a few years there will be some surplus ones at a much lower price.

The radiator is used to cool the compressed air directly out of the low pressure compressor. There is a muffin fan located behind the device for added cooling.

Took a close look at the high pressure pump and did not find any wiring for power. It looks like it could be a pneumatic pump. At the top most part there is the oxygen in, at the bottom high pressure oxygen out. In the center two large air lines. Humm, this gets most interesting!

There is a nice brass fitting where an extended whip could be added where the "T" connected is located and transitions to the very small copper tube.

Last edited by Alaska; 2012-06-29 at 1:52am.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:45am
Cave Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
It would be nice to see the fill rate for the Phillips 3K PSI system. Maybe in a few years there will be some surplus ones at a much lower price.

The radiator is used to cool the compressed air directly out of the low pressure compressor. There is a muffin fan located behind the device for added cooling.

Took a close look at the high pressure pump and did not find any wiring for power. It looks like it could be a pneumatic pump. At the top most part there is the oxygen in, at the bottom high pressure oxygen out. In the center two large air lines. Humm, this gets most interesting!

There is a nice brass fitting where an extended whip could be added where the "T" connected is located and transitions to the very small copper tube.
I see the cooling radiator, it feeds directly into the pump ?
I would think there is a drying stage to increase the life of the sieves
but apparently not.

You removed the canisters, are they filters or mufflers (or something else) ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-29, 3:55pm
Alaska Boro

Yes, the cooling radiator feeds directly into the pump on the other side of the unit.

Did not remove the three canisters. This is a picture of the Chad Total O2. Just about the same machine as the Omni-5. However, it is the earlier model.

The Omni-5 is setup for 5 LPM out. The Total at 3 LPM.

This from the FDA approval letter....

"The Omni 5 Total 02 Delivery System has the same technological characteristics as the predicate device.

The hardware portions of the device are identical except for the following:

The continuous oxygen outlet flow meter has changed from 0 - 3 liters per minute to 0 - 5 liters per minute.

The software was modified to include:

An automatic cylinder filling restart feature, should the oxygen purity fall below acceptable limits (cylinder filling stopped), then recover above the acceptable limits (cylinder filling restarted)."
Old 2012-06-29, 4:12pm
Cave Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
Did not remove the three canisters. This is a picture of the Chad Total O2. Just about the same machine as the Omni-5. However, it is the earlier model.
C'mon, pull one of those canisters off and take a peek inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-06-29, 5:30pm

You can get a compressor that fills a K tank in 10-12 hours for under $4k. I have one.

I have a Rix compressor with under 40 hours on it I would sell for right under $2k

There are better options than the homefill, but you have to weigh the pros and cons vs price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
While searching for more info on Alaska's cool concentrator/fill station,
I believe I may have found the homefill holy grail:

Respironics UltraFill

This unit fills to 3K PSI so pushing K tanks to 2K should not stress this
machine nearly as bad as using the less than 2K PSI Invacare unit.

$4K is the only price I have found so far.

The search for the cheap used one begins...
Old 2012-06-29, 6:52pm
Cave Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1492 View Post
You can get a compressor that fills a K tank in 10-12 hours for under $4k. I have one.

I have a Rix compressor with under 40 hours on it I would sell for right under $2k

There are better options than the homefill, but you have to weigh the pros and cons vs price.
Yes, but if I can find one of those 3K PSI Ultrafills for a few hundred used...

I saw that Rix on Talk Glass, I want it but my wife would kill me.

Old 2012-06-30, 8:39am
honorary bead lady

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/3110197371.html
Old 2012-07-24, 8:23pm

Default How to change Homefill output adapter

The output of the Homefill has a special adapter which makes it easy to connect directly to oxygen bottles for medical use. It doesn't connect to high pressure oxygen hoses very well unless you buy the $50 adapter to put at the end of your whip. I did a lot of digging and found an alternative. I have documented how to change the output adapter to a standard 1/4" NPT.

In the adapter that you remove from the homefill there is a one-way check valve. You should add a one-way check valve to your whip. A thread on talkglass suggests using: CVF‐4M Inline Check Valve 1/4" NPT Female Inlet to Male Outlet

http://www.fultra.net/_tutorials/HomefillOutput.pdf
Attached Images

Download Bails Made Easy & Homefill adapter tutorials free.

Last edited by indyglassman; 2012-07-24 at 8:36pm.
Old 2012-07-24, 10:45pm

Is that $50 for the whole setup? You can build a normal whip for probably $50 if you have a nipple and get low quality parts maybe $70 on high hend parts if you have the nipple. I will have to right up a standard setup soon, this has some great info and is nice someone compiled it.

this is a good link as well

http://www.talkglass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40974
Old 2012-07-25, 5:18am

Drew - I thought you sad that the Invacare adapter that comes on the oxygen bottles was $50 if you had to buy it direct. Is that incorrect?

So, the PDF shows how to replace the quick connect on the Homefill with an off the shelf fitting so that you don't have to worry about this special adapter.

Download Bails Made Easy & Homefill adapter tutorials free.
Old 2012-07-25, 8:08pm

Thats correct the going rate for a nipple is around $50 if you find one. That is a good alternative if you dont have a nipple. It is just easier to setup if you have a nipple.
Old 2012-09-17, 11:42am

Default HomeFill Adapter

I'm in the process of building a transfill whip to fill my non-Homefill oxy tanks from a Invacare Homfill unit. I will be purchasing a stainless steel hose with two female ends. One end will be a 1/4 npt fitting and attach to a yoke that will attach to my non-Homefill oxy cylinder and the other end to a Homefill "fill port". I intend to cannibalize an old Homefill oxy cylinder and use its fill port. I don't have the Homefill oxy cylinder yet but I want to be certain I order the correct thread size for my hose. Does anyone know what type and size of male thread (e.g. 1/4" npt) is on the end of the Homefill cylinder "fill port" that screws into the Homefill cylinder's neck.

I am attaching a picture of a Homefill cylinder and its "fill port". In this picture the fill port is the horizontal brass fitting that is attached to the neck of the cylinder and has a black plastic cap on it. PS Thanks to all the threads on Homefill adapters. They have been a great reference
Old 2012-09-17, 1:37pm
Alaska Boro

This firm has a lot of adapters and other items for oxygen systems. See their retrofit section for additional selections.

See if the FA-870 (CGA 870 to CGA 540 Filling Adapter) or the FA-870M (CGA 870 to 540M Adapter) will fit your needs.

http://aerox.com/fillingstations.html

Last edited by Alaska; 2012-09-17 at 1:40pm.
Old 2012-09-17, 2:25pm

If you don't have your nipple yet, hit me up. I have a couple I would sell.

Stephen
Old 2012-09-18, 11:26am

Thank you both. I picked up the adapter (fill port) today locally.
Old 2013-01-02, 4:18pm

Here is a EBay auction for a 4 foot hose rated at 3000psi I ran across. $25 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120932118771...84.m1497.l2649

Old 2013-10-25, 10:31am

If anyone has the plans for setting up an oxy conc with a home fill system let me know. I have the concentrator and home fill but am not sure how to set it up. Houston@cfl.rr.com
Old 2013-10-25, 11:42am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
If anyone has the plans for setting up an oxy conc with a home fill system let me know. I have the concentrator and home fill but am not sure how to set it up. Houston@cfl.rr.com
I just sent you my layout.

Old 2013-10-26, 5:30am

shawnette if you would be willing to send me your set up also
i would surely appreciate it. if its not too much of a bother.
Old 2013-10-26, 7:12am
I fart diamonds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yjqZTaT88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ESr25J0_I
Attached Images

Old 2013-11-20, 8:54pm

I am so confused. I don't know where to start.

I was going to try this method http://www.fultra.net/_tutorials/HomefillOutput.pdf

But it look like you end up with a male NPT end? so on the same hose you need a female NPT oxygen hose to connect to the homefill, and then a male one to connect to the oxygen tank?

This is really going over my head.
Old 2013-11-20, 8:58pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyglassman View Post
The output of the Homefill has a special adapter which makes it easy to connect directly to oxygen bottles for medical use. It doesn't connect to high pressure oxygen hoses very well unless you buy the $50 adapter to put at the end of your whip. I did a lot of digging and found an alternative. I have documented how to change the output adapter to a standard 1/4" NPT.

In the adapter that you remove from the homefill there is a one-way check valve. You should add a one-way check valve to your whip. A thread on talkglass suggests using: CVF‐4M Inline Check Valve 1/4" NPT Female Inlet to Male Outlet

http://www.fultra.net/_tutorials/HomefillOutput.pdf

A check valve costs over 30$! I was going to use this method as it seemed the simplest but this just gets more and more confusing.
Old 2013-12-12, 7:52pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukem5 View Post
A check valve costs over 30$! I was going to use this method as it seemed the simplest but this just gets more and more confusing.
I get mine from Grainger for $11.