Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2013-12-25, 10:43pm
He can do the origami

Default Video demo

Qw

Last edited by Otter's Flame; 2016-10-01 at 1:27am.
Old 2013-12-26, 2:00am
Melody of Glass

Neat. thanks for sharing!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-12-26, 8:43am
Loving learning

That was pretty cool. Now I just have to learn to make some things to use it!
I did get to thinking maybe I could make one on the end of a mandrel to somehow use it as a cabinet pull or other "handle" too.
Old 2013-12-26, 3:07pm
He can do the origami

Making them on the end of a mandrel is easy. After they are annealed and off the end of the mandrel, I use E6000 adhisive and attach them to the end of the chain to turn lights off and on etc.
Old 2013-12-26, 4:09pm
Bernhard Riegler

great to see you posting Otter. This is a cool video.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Old 2013-12-26, 9:44pm
He can do the origami

Thanks Bernhard.
Old 2013-12-26, 11:13pm
Bernhard Riegler

I have seen this homemade tool by "Dott" in the thread "homemade equipment". Do you think it might do the same job by pushing your gather into the blades?
The image is thanks to dott.
Attached Images

Old 2013-12-26, 11:19pm
He can do the origami

Absolutely, what I do is just the long way around a push mold with a star type shape.
Old 2013-12-26, 11:26pm
Bernhard Riegler

To be honest, I did something simelar by blowing a very hot tube in a socket of a regular socket set - it is also a easy way to get the symetry "printed" on tubing. Then you can fume it and cover in clear and the symetry will be perfect.

Old 2013-12-27, 1:10am
He can do the origami

I use a socket to get similar results too. It is usually just easier to do on a smaller scale like a pen or icicle. For the video I made it larger than I would for these applications just for ease of visual demonstration. I blow Christmas tree topper ornaments and I use a large socket to get the base imprint after I have melted in my color. I am very glad you are adding so much to this Bernhardt, it is almost always my intention to give a base idea and have others expand on it or tell of their experiences as we'll. Thank you so much for all your contribution.

Otter
Old 2013-12-27, 1:27am
Bernhard Riegler

Otter, You inspire so many people and I hope I didn't put your wonderful "tut" on the wrong track. I learned a lot from your vid and I thank you so much for posting it. The sound was a little hard to get, but the vid showed very well. what you wanted to explain. I will try this and a big thank you for sharing this. Did you ever try to implode this design? might make the most awesome spiral . . .

Old 2013-12-27, 1:38am
He can do the origami

Haha Bernhard I think I am a lot like you and I implode everything!! I will try and post some pics if I remember. It made a really nice implosion with deep lines.

More than my pics being posted, I would really love to see you implode this. Gold and silver fumed, twisted and imploded. It might add variation to your spiral implosions but I am guessing you will see it as VERY familiar

There is no way you can get this demo off track. Adding info, ideas and knowledge is what I would always want.
Old 2013-12-27, 7:59pm
Bernhard Riegler

OK, I will try this, but right now I am out of oxy and my supplier is on holiday - bummer! I am thinking of doing it like you do it in the vid, but after pushing it with the blade I will propably add clear lines to cover the imprints - then twist, maria it and start imploding. This could be awesome . . . in theory so far. Man, you are giving me ideas - I am keen as to try this now

Old 2013-12-29, 10:20pm
Bernhard Riegler

I got my oxy today and had a go. I did it like mentioned before. This is the outcome. Silver fumed - but it looks flat - like all the design is flat at the bottom - no 3D effect - and I did try to implode it after the maria-ing.
You were totally right - same or very simelar to my simple spiral, but it took way longer and I didn't get the depth effect (vortex). But it was fun
Attached Images

Old 2013-12-30, 9:03am

Thanks, for the video tut! I'm such a visual person and love to see the actual work being done. And, thanks for the ideas about the socket! Off to the hubby's garage