TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2008-02-19, 10:49am
Against the Grain

Default Future torch plans would like input

Right now I have a mini cc with 2 oxycons (4 and 5 lpm) and I also run on household NG (1 inch line to the house, 1/2 inch to the torch). The work I do is boro pendants and long beads in soft glass with the largest bead being 4.5 inches long and about 1 inch in diameter. Even though I can work with the system I have, I am finding that I would like more heat. Eventually I would like a Hellcat, but $$$ dictate that I can't jump in and buy the system that I would like. What can I do now that would support getting more heat and go towards my torch goal?

1. Would getting a 3rd oxycon be an option to use with my setup now? If so, what lpm?
2. Would my system now support a Hellcat and would that be the way to go?
3. A solution that I am not cluing in to yet.

A note is that I live in a rural area and would have to lug O2 bottles myself and I'm not willing to go there.

Thanks for your help on this. I want more oomph and would like to know the best way to get it.
Sherri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
under construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HELLCAT! with 2 oxycons and household NG (yes I will be increasing the oxy)

D-41
Old 2008-02-19, 11:50am
ManBearPig

Save yourself some money and get a Bullet. Same torch, but made better and costs less money.

Your two concentrators will run the center fire, and when you are ready, get a couple more powerful concentrators to run the outer fire. I ran one on 3 M-20's and it ran pretty well.

Old 2008-02-19, 9:04pm

Ya the Bullet is a great torch.
G.
Old 2008-02-19, 9:05pm

I used it at Arrow Springs and I loved it. The Bullet I mean.

Old 2008-02-21, 5:46pm
Against the Grain

Thanks all, I appreciate the input. Now I have something to think about and work towards.
A question though: would my mini cc have the same output as the center fire in the bullet?
Also has anyone tried, or knows someone who has, the pryonamix equipment?

under construction

HELLCAT! with 2 oxycons and household NG (yes I will be increasing the oxy)

D-41