Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-05-13, 10:50am
The Andrea Half

Default That Frit Girl and Order Times: It's Raining in Texas

Heya, folks, Leslie asked me to post on her page and on LE.

Yep, it's raining in Central Texas, and in Texas Momma Nature either goes big or goes home. Leslie lives in a semi-rural area on a road between two low water crossings, both of which are covered with fast water. Not only is she cut off, but she is without power and no ETA for its restoration. That means she can't order or receive inventory, and she can't even see that she has orders-- there are low water crossings between her and every possible internet cafe.

The takeaway? If you have just ordered frit, or anything from her, she asks patience -- as soon as the water goes down and she gets power she will start filling orders.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Andrea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-13, 3:08pm

OH no~ be careful Leslie!!!

karen
Old 2014-05-13, 4:39pm

Thanks Sis for posting! I love having a sister that I can call and say HELP!!!! Actually, I just love my sister period...
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OK - we JUST got our power back on from when it went out last night, but now they're forecasting more rain and more hail.

Oh well - I got my Gaffer order in - can spend the time mixing a few new GG Glass blends!!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For now we're safe but waterlogged (I was watching the water come under the back wall of my studio earlier).

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-05-13, 5:55pm
The Andrea Half

I just wish I weren't so far away that the only help I can give is internet and virtual! And I love you, too! (We're sickening, aren't we?)

Glad the power is on. Did Mike's truck make it over the low water crossing okay? Don't you DARE try it in the Honda; that place floated my AWD Subaru.

When I come visit at Christmas do we need to build a water diversion drain or a French drain around your studio so the
..... errr .... water doesn't come in during downpours?

and WHEW. WHEW. WHEW. I like having you around, you know ...

Old 2014-05-13, 6:29pm

LOL! Remember? I totaled the Honda when I fell asleep driving home after call. I have an SUV now!!!

(grumble) it's raining again....

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-05-14, 12:34pm
The Andrea Half

Oy, yes, true. Don't even try the low water crossings in the SUV, though.

Sorry about the rain. Want to come to Georgia? It's supposed to rain tonight, but in the meantime, we're just steaming.

Old 2014-05-15, 7:30am

It's finally sunny for now, the deer are all running through the stock pond, and I'm frantically trying to get caught up on both works

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-05-15, 11:02am
The Andrea Half

Yeah. and you sent all the rain to Georgia!!!

Old 2014-05-15, 3:25pm

I hope everything is ok now Leslie. That doesn't sound very fun. Take care.

Old 2014-05-16, 3:44pm

Thank you! The sun is out now - I just have to scrape the mud off of the studio floor
but it's back to business as usual

Leslie
Frit Happens...