Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2014-07-19, 12:13pm
The Andrea Half

Default MORE Texas Weather at That Frit Girl

Poor Leslie got hit with torrential rains yesterday on into today. Her power is out at the house, and she has mud in the studio AND in the house. (I bet I know what my BiL's next big project will be -- a mudbreak!!). Anyway, if you are looking for a package, an email, an order confirmation .... please have patience. She will get to you as soon as power is restored and she can muck out the studio.

Oy. Just. ... oy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-07-19, 9:24pm

I'm offering to go and help her muck out the house and get her studio back in order if she is in need of help because I do live nearby.
Old 2014-07-19, 9:52pm
It's all about the color.

She must live by the saying, "Lord willing & the creek don't rise." Another offer of help from me - or just ask her if she would like me to bring up some dinner one night. I promise it won't be Blu-Cheese Cheesecake.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2014-07-20, 5:32pm

Quote:
She must live by the saying, "Lord willing & the creek don't rise." Another offer of help from me - or just ask her if she would like me to bring up some dinner one night. I promise it won't be Blu-Cheese Cheesecake.
ROFL!!!

You guys are so wonderful! We *finally* got the power on late, late late last night after having it go off on Thursday. There's a reason that I keep candles all over the house - my sister & I grew up with hurricanes.

I think that I have most of the mud out of the studio but the house is useless until the ground dries a bit: dogs, cats, humans... So I just sweep each day.

We did find our missing cat - she got caught on the roof of the shed. Poor thing was half drowned and scared out of her wits - she'f half blind thanks to a traumatic cataract.

Our City Public Service discovered (thanks to my sister-in-law) that I use a nebulizer to help me breathe at times so they are sending forms out to my pulmonologist to get our address placed on their critical care list.

I'm starting to fill orders again now that I can actually use the computer, so thank you all for your patience, kindness & above all and most importantly - friendship!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-20, 8:56pm

We just got home to find that we had some weird surge due to the storm so the power burst came in through the GVTC network & fried everything on the network. I guess it was the same storm that got you.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2014-07-20, 9:22pm

UGH! I hope that none of your hardware got damaged! We were having lightning and thunder at the same time - the lightening was so bright that it would leave a negative impression on your eyes! Our main pole got struck.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-21, 5:31am

Glad to hear that you are ok Leslie. Our offer still remains if you need some help later on.
Old 2014-07-21, 12:34pm

Quote:
Glad to hear that you are ok Leslie. Our offer still remains if you need some help later on.
Thank you so very much! I can't believe that you're so close!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-21, 12:37pm

The kindness and sense of family that I've found here has been simply incredible! When I had my second chest tube Kay Powell showed up at the hospital with a HUGE stuffed bear and lots of hugs & love. Then she kicked my butt into taking care of myself as I was healing ;D

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-21, 3:03pm

Who, me?

The main computer's down and the 2T Network Drive (and all my embroidery machine files), and loads of music. Tonights Goal is to see if it's the power supplies. GVTC came and fixed their wiring today so I have my laptop back (yeah). Still finding things that may be fried - outside pad for the garage opener. If the power surge had gone through the Surge Protector, it would have been covered. Since it came in through the network (they tell us it's rare for this to happen), it's not.

Old 2014-07-23, 6:38am
The Andrea Half

When that storm system came through Georgia I got a surge, and it totally fried an outlet and my two 5lpm oxycons, George and Gracie. Grump. I wish I lived closer and could help Leslie with the mucking out and sweeping! Either that, or that she and Mike lived in Georgia. Then all you would have to worry about would be the occasional Icepocalypse and the resulting Clusterstuck.

Glad you found the little Ghostest with the Mostest
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.