Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-11-11, 10:11am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default which photo editor

ok, so have three diff free photo editors. gimp, infra something, paintnet The main thing I do like to do (maybe it will be easier if I tell you what I use the most) I use sharpen, adjust brightness, deleting the background,crop. I have basic skills. Once I find something that does that, I can take my time to learn the rest one skill at a time. I did have a program (bling it) that I basically only used to delete my backgrounds, but I no longer have it...........Does anyone know which of these editors, or any other free editors that are somewhat simple to use that do these things? paint.net seems a little unuser friendly, lol.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:56am
Experimentalist

Just curious.. why are you deleting your background?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-11-13, 8:43am

Hi Kelly,

PhotoFiltre is nice -free- and easy to work with...

good luck

Dorret
Old 2010-11-13, 10:47am
Now part of the Dark Side

Gimp is not the easiest of the ones you have but it is the most powerful. There are lots of online tut's for Gimp. It's almost as good as Photo Shop.
Old 2010-11-13, 9:32pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

then it cuts everything else out of the picture, and it looks like you took a picture of it hanging in thin air, just like in the magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
Just curious.. why are you deleting your background?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-11-13, 9:36pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

yes, gimp was reccomended, but i fought with it so much last week tryingto resize a damn pic to put on here, that I delted the whole darn thing....will get it again, I think it was Kevan who told me about it and said it was almost as good as photoshop. I think another thing that annoyed me was trying to crop the photo was annoying, and that is usually the easiest thing to do on any photo thing. I think you had to click on a specific triangle or something, but the darn lines that showed were so skinny and black (the same color as my background) that they got lost in the pic, and i couldnt even do it. thats ok though, when I want to show pics in here, will import to photobucket, and do everything else on gimp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonharper View Post
Gimp is not the easiest of the ones you have but it is the most powerful. There are lots of online tut's for Gimp. It's almost as good as Photo Shop.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-11-19, 5:16am
Powers Art Studio

Hey Kelly,

To resize a photo in Gimp, click on "image" at the top. Then then "scale image". When the box pops up just put in the width you want (I usually do 350 or so for LE). Then just click "Scale". It will decide the length for you.
Andrea

Old 2010-11-20, 7:13pm

Try Google picasa. It is awesome. It finds all photos on your computer and puts them in one place. You can crop photos really easily. It has batch edits and other stuff like that but I haven't figured it out yet.

Old 2010-11-21, 10:41am
honorary bead lady

The one thing I don't like about Picasa is that it loads ALL your pictures, there doesn't seem to be a way to shut that off.

You can download
Microsoft Photo Editor 3.01

Photo pos pro isn't bad for a basic editor program