Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2010-01-12, 5:48pm
one day at a time

Default Like PSE but can't afford it? Try this one, it's free!

For those of you who like Photoshop Elements but can't afford the software at the moment, you could try this photo editor. It's basic for most needs, and it's free. They accept donations.

I've used PSE for many years and I really like this online editor! It does what I need so I don't have to freak out now. I have PSE 2, but my disc does not work in my laptop, and then of course, my 30 day trial on the new PSE 8 ran out at the most inconvenient time! LOL

http://www.pixlr.com
Old 2010-01-13, 8:59am
Boro Bum

paint.net is also a free program that seems to have alot of stuff going on

http://www.getpaint.net/

AcidFly
Old 2010-01-13, 11:46am
one day at a time

Thanks for the link! Because what I can't find in one, I'll likely find in another!
Old 2010-01-27, 8:31pm
No Problem!

Check out Photo Plus SE.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/photoplus/
It's the best downloadable free photo editing software I've come across.
It's extremely similar to some of the older versions of Photoshop and what I was using until I got Photoshop Elements 7 on sale last year. It's a nice program but does way more than you really need just for bead photos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Beau & Shani)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-01-28, 11:51pm

Default Gimp2.6, Pheonix, Raven, Myna and more!

Right now the best bang for your buck is GIMP2.6. It is an open source so it means it’s free. It has almost all the features of Adobe Photoshop you would use like layer control, levels, color adjustment tools, cloning and all that great stuff. I have been keeping an eye on this program for a long time and keeps getting closer and closer to photoshop. In fact if I didn’t already have photoshop I would be using GIMP full time.
You can download it at http://www.gimp.org/

I have tried some of the online photo editing and I’m impressed by what they can do! The only problem with them is you need to be online and the process things a little slow. But if thats the only thing wrong, thats not bad at all. The best one I have found is http://aviary.com/
Aviary.com has a great photo-editing tool,”Phoenix”. They also have a vector editing tool “Raven” as well as an audio editing tool “Myna”. Get it! They have bird names… maybe that’s why they call it Aviary. I’m still checking it out, but it seems like a good option.

It's not the Camera that takes the photo, it's the photographer.
Old 2010-02-09, 7:51am

Lisi-I could seriously kiss you right now. I have been struggling with uploading images to Etsy from Aviary and they are always blurry. I rembered seeing your post and in a couple of minutes my problem was solved. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-02-16, 9:43am
Dancing Moon Shadows

Lisi,

Thanks so much for informing us about Pixlr. I've been using Photobucket which is nice to have because there's so much in one place, editing AND storage, and automatic photolinks. However, Pixlr has just a little nicer (smoother) vignette, and once you get the hang of it, very quick and easy to use. (Then I can still upload to Photobucket.)

I have been contemplating the purchase of Photoshop Elements, but not now. I LOVE FREE, especially when it works THIS well!

Thx again!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2010-02-17, 7:30pm
Melting

I downloaded GIMP and LOVE IT. Thanks for the tip, Keith!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2010-11-27, 11:58am
Redbearmountain

Picaso 3.8 is free and it's real simple to use!